the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Nissan Versa with no immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rraider1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Well either I didn't program it correctly and messed it up or it failed after the first remote start. everything was working fine, alarm triggered, trunk and doors unlocked, and it started with the remote start but almost immediately the horn started beeping, trunk popped open etc, basically everything that was connected except the siren had power and it would no longer respond to the remote. I had to unplug the brain to turn it off and everything is stuck on. If i plug in nothing but the 24 pin connector the trunk pops open, the horn blares ect. If I just plug in the heavy 10 pin connector the car starts and the starter keep running. I double checked all the wires, particularly those on the 10 pin connector and they are correct.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check your ground, test the voltage between your fuses and ground.
Chuck the idatalink unit and go analogue.
This vehicle is far too simple to make mistakes.
https://www.directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&v=6554&ps=1&s=0&c=0&pr=-1
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
I'm not sure I made a mistake although it wouldn't be the first time. Have you ever seen a Viper without a remote start shutoff switch and no where to plug one in? I'm kind of wondering if I got a knock-off unit. Anyway the Viper unit is toast. It's hung with everything on and won't take any input from the control station or the remote. Even after unplugging everything, as soon as I plug something in it sends power to whatever I plug in.
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Tested ground and it's good. Voltage at fuses is 12.13v.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Disconnect idatalink unit.
I've never seen a faulty Viper unit.
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
I removed the iDatalink after it happened to eliminate it from the equation.
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Ok, just went back out to confirm but if I just connect the six pin connector the parking lights come on and the siren is energized. I don't have the siren grounded yet, that's why i wasn't hearing it. It's like every circuit in the Viper is stuck open.
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Correction, I should have said every circuit is stuck "on" instead of open.
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Looks like the same thing happened to someone else in February... https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=142481
rraider1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Just to update this post, I replaced the "brain" with a new one, plugged it in without changing anything and programmed it with the bitwriter. It works perfectly.
Thanks again Howie and Kreg for your help!
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic