the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Anti Grind Switch wiring / factory fob unlock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sohc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2017 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sohc
Hi guys,
I'm installing a remote start on my 2013 Camry SE. I have 2 starter wires, a thick one and a thin one. I'm wiring an anti ground relay, I'm sure I need to wire it for the thicker starter wire at the ignition harness, but I'm not sure if I also need another relay for the second one. I've read that some imports use a second starter for cold starts. Thought about just testing once wired, but worried about frying something.
Also- i noticed that my ignition wire apparently gives a ground signal when not initiated. This is causing issues because i have this wired to one side of the coil on my relay, and the other side goes to a ground when armed wire on the remote start.. all good but im using that last mentioned wire to activate my old school key bypass transponder.. i hear the relay click right when i connect it.. i hope im not feeding 12v into the transponder.. ill have to find another ground when armed output on the remote start i guess.
LASTLY- i was sad to see that when i did get the remote start working- that i was unable to use my factory fob to unlock the doors.. even though the remote start was able to disarm the factory alarm then arm it again after start.. i really didnt want to use this remote start for anything but remote start.. i got the system with the simplest fob i could find, its a compustar slice JR (single button tiny 2 way fob) with a FT-7200S Start IT kit. I will try to cut the re-arm wire to see if this works.. i dont mind having the doors stay unlocked while running (i think).. Otherwise i may just wire the door lock and unlock outputs on the remote start.
thanks everyone, hope that all makes sense.
tdi200 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2017 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
sohc wrote:
LASTLY- i was sad to see that when i did get the remote start working- that i was unable to use my factory fob to unlock the doors.. even though the remote start was able to disarm the factory alarm then arm it again after start.. i really didnt want to use this remote start for anything but remote start.. i got the system with the simplest fob i could find, its a compustar slice JR (single button tiny 2 way fob) with a FT-7200S Start IT kit. I will try to cut the re-arm wire to see if this works.. i dont mind having the doors stay unlocked while running (i think).. Otherwise i may just wire the door lock and unlock outputs on the remote start.
thanks everyone, hope that all makes sense.
Hey, I always recommend DEI products which makes many familiar brands such as Viper, Python, Avital, Clifford, etc. My favorite being Vipers (2/3 of my cars have them and I've mostly done Vipers) paired with a DBALL3. This is a keyless bypass so no key sacrificed is needed. This is what I've been buying lately as this seller also programs the bypass for me before it ships: https://www./itm/Viper-4706V...53.m1438.l2649

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic