the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start on 05 Audi A4. What’d I do wrong?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstolk2 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstolk2
I've always used DEI products until recently, when they took away privileges to non authorized dealers. So this time, I used a Fortin EVO-ALL and an Excalibur RS-265-EDP+. Both products are new to me. I bought the flashlink2 for the Fortin bypass. The problem I'm having is, when the car sits locked four 30 minutes or so, and you remote start the car, the OEM alarm goes off until you unlock the car with the key. Or, you can used the OEM remote to unlock the car, then use the remote start. But since the range of the OEM remote is terrible, that's not a very good option. I thought I was able to program the bypass correctly using the Fortin software, but I could have very easily missed something during the process, since it is new to me. I couldn't find very clear instructions on the process, but it seemed as simple as plugging in the bypass, then selecting the correct vehicle in the drop down boxes. I didn't see any "save" or "flash" after selecting the proper vehicle type. The option to flash only because available when upgrading the device firmware. I have a spare key wrapped and wired into the wires that go around the lock cylinder using a relay. What did I miss?
Also, I've never actually had to do the spare key thing in the past. The DBALL that I used was always able to "learn" the resistance and mimic it to the car without having to leave a spare key. Does Fortin not have that ability, or am I missing something with that also?
I do a couple of these a year, but realize I'm still a rookie trying to learn. Thanks in advance.
jstolk2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstolk2
Wow, that was a lot of typos. Wish I would have proof read that a little more. Can't wait to be able to edit someday. Sorry.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Fortin EVO-ALL does not preform the transponder bypass function for your 2005 A4 application. As a matter
of fact, no DB-ALL bypass can do the transponder bypass either.
For the alarm issue, connect the EVO-ALL back up to the FlashLink2 cable, click on EVO-ALL Options and set
Option D2 to ON. That will unlock the doors prior to a remote start to turn off the factory alarm and then
relock the doors after the engine is running.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2017 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
556U wire as European, i.e. cut and join, discard the loop and get a black valet key from a dealer programmed to your car.
jstolk2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2017 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstolk2
Thanks guys. I'll have the car back over the holiday weekend and will check that out.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic