the12volt.com spacer
icon

Starting issues 2007 ram, compustar 800s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbozeman 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
I have a compustar 800 and idatalink alca on a 2007 ram 1500 v8. All the wiring is correct to my knowledge. Module is flashed with dl ch5. When selecting install mode before programming procedure, light on alca flashes green the red after selecting 2way install method(does this every time). I proceed to programming, it accepts the programming but every time I go to remote start it powers ignition on, I hear fuel pump turn on but the truck never spins over. While it's attempting to start the light on the module turns green then flashes red once and starts the start sequence all over. Maybe I'm missing something, but I sure would appreciate any input.
dbozeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
ADMIN EDIT - Post moved to this topic.
I'm having a similar issue. 2007 ram 1500,compustar 800s,alca flashed with dl ch5, Wired data to data, diode between ignition on rs/pink on alca and white/red on alca.
I have the connections as follows
On compustar rs
Both reds to battery
Black chassis gnd
D2d to alca
On alca module to vehicle
Brown/red to wht/org
Brown/yellow to wht
Yellow to purple/brn
White to gry/red
White/black to pink/wht
On alca to compustar rs
Pink to green
WHT/red to green via diode (bar towards green)
After selecting D2d (1 flash) I press and hold to register and it flashes green the red and continues to flash red. After programming (and it accepts the programming) during remote start sequence I get ignition on, fuel pump on no spin from starter. During remote start sequence light on module goes green the immediately red and back to flashing green and continues the same sequence during every attempt.
Any help would be greatly helpful.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you try a Factory Reset on the ADS AL-CA? Try this sequence :
After Step 5 of the Factory Reset Procedure, when the Red LED goes out wait a few seconds and the LED will
start doing a single Green blink pattern for Data Mode. Press the programming button and hold while the LED
goes solid Green for 2 seconds and then out. Release the button and continue with Step 6 and then go Type 3
vehicle programming.
I would set the CS800-s to Tach Mode and do a Tach Learn process before trying a remote start.
Soldering is fun!
dbozeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
I've done that
dbozeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
BTW what is type 3 programming? It's either D2d or w2w.
dbozeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2017 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
I think the problem lies in the fact I get a red light flashing after I select D2d. It continues to flash until I program with the key.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2017 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
dbozeman wrote:
BTW what is type 3 programming? It's either D2d or w2w.
For your install you would follow the Type 3 diagram in the CH5 install guide. For the bypass to vehicle
programming, you would follow the Type 1 - 4 and Type 6 - 8 programming steps. Type 5 install uses different
programming steps.
D2D or W2W is the Communication Mode between the R/S unit and the bypass module and of course the it's hardwired
or the D2D harness used. The bypass module is set to either Data or Standard Mode with Installation Mode Selection
steps to support the one you chose.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: November 26, 2017 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
dbozeman wrote:
I think the problem lies in the fact I get a red light flashing after I select D2d. It continues to flash until I program with the key.
I've never had that happen to me. Do you have all the other harnesses disconnected from the bypass module when you do the Factory Reset? You might try a DL CH5 re-flash.
I guess the next step is to swap out the ADS AL-CA. It's very rare to get a bad one. Think I've had only one over the years and that one was from a NOS deal I got from a surplus house...
Soldering is fun!
dbozeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2017 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dbozeman
OK I got all the programming correct, I've flashed the module a couple of times so far. I'll try using another one. I've never had one do what this one is doing either.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic