the12volt.com spacer
icon

extra led’s, viper 3606v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2017 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Hi there Guys how do you go about wiring in extra led's on a viper alarm when your brain does not have a led port ? the alarm in question is a 3606v that has a control centre that has a built in led and valet swicth that has its own all in one cable that goes back to the brain.
keenxxx 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2017 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote keenxxx
No expert here but I just called Voxx tech support with this same question - Can I add an external LED to an all in one antenna (LED, Antenna + valet switch) system? I was told it was possible but they did not have a wiring pin out for the system in question. i was told to use a low current test light or DVOM and back probe the 4 pin antenna connector for the LED out put wire. Once found I could use that wire for a + output and ground the other side of the new LED. Maybe someone that has done this before will chime in.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2017 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Here's the Directed sheet:-
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/techtips/1923.pdf
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2017 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Cheers Howie
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2017 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I've been having nightmares with it, try this:-
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/techtips/1923.pdf
casher 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2017 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote casher
Just to chime in hoping to help and possibly get some insight on this. So I had an old Viper 500 ESP model that had an aftermarket VARAD LED scanner connected to it via the following wires.
VARAD wiring > Alarm wiring
RED > RED (Constant +)
BLACK > GROUND (-)
YELLOW > ORANGE (- GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT)
The above config triggers the LED scanner when the alarm is armed so both the stock LED and aftermarket LEDs work.
However, when I upgraded my alarm to a newer VIPER 3105V (with built-in control center, valet switch, and LED), I noticed that I had the VARAD scanner still connected, BUT
for whatever reason I keep getting false alarms even when I adjust the shock sensor to its lowest setting.
Could it be that the alarm is tripping because of the VARAD scanner connection sending pulses via the Ground When Armed output?
Do I need to diode isolate this wire when connecting it to the scanner or should I remove the scanner completely?
Howie II - any ideas why my alarm could be falsing? I have not yet tried removing the scanner, but that would be my next step in determining if its the cause of it triggering false alarms.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Look in the manual diagnostics. when you turn on the ignition the blue LED will flash a certain number of times telling yo7u what triggered the alarm.
Your wiring for the Varad is fine.
casher 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2017 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote casher
The blue LED is reporting (3) flashes - is that the door switch trigger? Any reason why this would be falsing? As far as I know both of these wires are diode isolated so not sure why this would be happening. Could it be a faulty diode or maybe grounding? The car (2000 Mustang) only has two doors.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic