the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Ford Mustang Wiring Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
casher 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2017 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote casher
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang V6 Auto with an older Viper 500 ESP system currently installed. I want to upgrade to a newer Viper 3105V and have already assessed the current wiring with the 500 ESP. With that said, I believe the wiring between the two systems is somewhat similar if not the same, but I do have the following questions and appreciate any help or guidance you can provide me.
1) The current 500 ESP H1/1 ORANGE (-) 500 mA Armed Output wire is spliced between two connections with one going to a diode > starter relay, and the other going to a black wire from the car side that I can't seem to determine what wire this is because when I follow it through the harness, it leads me all the way up to the dash and don't know where it goes from there. When connecting the 3105V should I wire it the same way? If so, what is the connection to the black wire for?
2) The current 500 ESP H1/11 RED (+) Constant Power Input wire is spliced between the yellow (ignition) wire and the same black wire as stated above with the H1/1 ORANGE wire. As is the same with the above wire, should I wire it the same way when upgrading to the 3105V? And once again, what is this black wire for?
3) The current 500 ESP H1/4 BLACK/WHITE (-) 200 mA Domelight Supervision Output wire is currently not being used. If I wanted to use the domelight feature on the new 3105V system, what wire would this connect to on the car side and would this require any diodes or relays?
4) And lastly, the current 500 ESP system does have trunk protection (when the trunk is opened and the system is armed, the alarm goes off), but I don't think it has the option to 'open' the trunk using the remote. How would I wire this feature with the new 3105V system - I assume this would require some type of relay?
casher 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2017 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote casher
Anyone have any insight on this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
casher 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote casher
Hi,
Just thought I'd post an update on this as I was able to figure out where the BLACK wires spliced from the ORANGE and RED outputs were going to.
It was going to an aftermarket VARAD scanner LED that was still active!
Nonetheless, when I connected the new Viper 3105V system, the same harness was used so not much had to be done - thanks to Directed for keeping the connection the same over these past 17 years!
Anyhow, I ran across a different problem. Now that I connected the new system, for some reason I've been experiencing a lot of false alarms even with the
shock sensor at the lowest setting. Could it be that the alarm is tripping because of the VARAD scanner connection sending pulses via the Ground When Armed output?
Do I need to diode isolate this wire when connecting it to the scanner or should I remove the scanner completely?
Thanks for any advice!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2017 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I've had that problem with units that have onboard shock sensors. I just set it to minimum sensitivity and use an external sensor.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic