the12volt.com spacer
icon

FT-EZGO Wiring Adapter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
instuller 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2017 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote instuller
Hi
Old timer here.
Lets start with the instructions.
Installing The FT-EZGO
Step 1: Flash your CM6 Series control module for FT-EZGO compatible firmware.
Step 2: Set Option 1-14 to Setting 3
Step 3: Connect included 6 Pin to 6 Pin with Ground Wire to control module. If connecting to a 4 Pin to 4 Pin
antenna, use the included 6 Pin to 4 Pin adapter.
Step 4: Connect the ground wire from the included 6 Pin to 6 Pin cable to vehicle’s ground.
Warning: Failure to connect this wire WILL result in damage to your FT-EZGO antenna (ANT-RFID).
Step 5: Connect your antenna to the ANT-RFID. This is the blue 6 Pin port. If you have a 4 Pin antenna cable,
use the included 4 Pin to 6 Pin adapter.
Step 6: Find a spot to mount your ANT-RFID on the windshield. This is recommended for optimum range.
For more specific mounting location information visit us at www.firstechonline.com under the Authorized Tech
section document titled: “FT-EZGO Recommended Mounting Locations.”
Step 7: Program your EZ100-R and additional RF Kit remotes to the control module (Maximum 3 Remotes
including EZ100-R).
You are now ready to test your FT-EZGO system.
So..if you are removing a 4-pin socket to 4-pin socket antenna cable from a control module whose jack has 4-pins, and an antenna that has 4 pins... won't you need TWO adapters?
Look at steps 3 and 5---they both say to use the adapter....but there is only 1 in the kit. I saw a photo fo a kit's contents on a sale site, and it showed one adapter included.
Am I missing something, literally or figuratively?
instuller 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2017 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote instuller
The one adapter I have would connect the existing 4-pin antenna cable to the blue 6-pin port on the EZGO RFID antenna.
Now, connecting the EZGO cable to the black 6-pin port on the RFID antenna, the other end of that cable leaves me with the blue 6-pin end (with ground wire coming out of it)...but how does that connect into the 4 pin port from the control module that I unplugged the original antenna cable from??
2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2
Factory Bose ( I know, I know..when I retire, I'll have time to install the chromed a/d/s MX860 and several sets of 320i I have!
Pioneer Nav
loganemakf 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2017 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loganemakf
The 6 pin antenna port on the module has the same pinout as the 4 pin port, plus two extras used for the fancier remote kits. The EZGO antenna requires those two other wires, but your remote antenna is “passed through” (and works fine) with the four that are the same for both.
Connect the 6 pin w/ separate ground to the control module’s 6 pin antenna port *after* grounding that separate ground wire.
instuller 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2017 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote instuller
Well that makes sense.. I wonder why they mention the adapter twice?
If you down- adapt the cable to use the 4-pin port, then you won't get the 2 extra connections that the newer accessories Luke ezgo need!
What's on those 2 extra pins?
2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2
Factory Bose ( I know, I know..when I retire, I'll have time to install the chromed a/d/s MX860 and several sets of 320i I have!
Pioneer Nav
loganemakf 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2017 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loganemakf
You see errors like that on occasion; probably an engineer that wrote those instructions (not a big enough thing to pay a proper technical writer). As for the functions of the two extra pins, the CM7200 manual says they’re +5V and “RX/TX control”.
jsnali13 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2020 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
are you able to pair other remotes to the RFID antenna that comes with the ezgo or will you always need 2 antennas on your windsheild?
i emailed compustar support... but never heard anything from them
sorry, should add... i've noticed some antennas do carry 6 pins. so could those remotes pair with the RFID antenna since its a 6 pin antenna.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic