the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm / Keyless System Recommendation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
larywaltn 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2017 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larywaltn
Good morning fellow 12 volters! I run a small private shop that restores and updates classics from the 50's, 60's, and early 70's for safe, reliable, and comfortable cruising. No trailer queens here. I am looking to install an inexpensive alarm, keyless entry system that will work with the power door locks I've installed. All new wiring (being installed now).
I want a system that has the installation instructions with the kit. I looked at the Viper 4105V 1-Way System, but there are no installation instructions available. I do not want or need remote start on this unit. If it has it, it will not be connected. Range of at least 250 ft is good. Remote window operation is not required. Valet is not required. Trunk release is not required. I can use a siren or horns depending on the system.
I am experienced with relays, positive and negative pulse systems, and for the record, I only use butt splices as a last resort. I use Delphi 56 connectors and terminals which in my experience, makes all connections more reliable. And in a lot of cases, I can re-pin the original factory connectors with new wire and pins.
I've seen a few systems on Ebay and Amazon for less that $50 and just wondering what would work best. So send me your recommendations, and let me know also if you can assist with interfacing this system with the switches, relays, and locks, just in case I fail open.
Thanks guys! Your input is greatly appreciated.
Larry@LakeviewCustoms
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Viper 330X series.
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2017 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I have been using omega excalibur series units. I really like their units because of versatility. They have really easy to understand instructions and have been reliable. They have an affordable line of equipment and work great plus the warranty on remotes are lifetime along with modules
bat9905
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2017 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Then why ask? You've effectively answered your own question.
larywaltn 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larywaltn
Thanks Bast0995; I have been looking at the Excalibur unit this afternoon, and found installation instructions that seem to be flexible enough to work with positive or negative pulsed based systems, or just a Lock/Unlock switch. I appreciate your taking the time to provide some constructive feedback.
Larry
Larry@LakeviewCustoms

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic