the12volt.com spacer
icon

can’t get my Viper 5904 to work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quebert 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quebert
My alarm was working perfectly until my 2 way FOB died last year, I saw how much they cost on Ebay and was over buying another. I'm not sure what I did, but I must have enabled valet mode. Because after that day I was able to open and start my car with just a key. I just bought a 1 way FOB and wanted to get my alarm and remote start working. I said I didn't remember what I did to disable the alarm, but I'm positive I didn't disconnect anything or change any wiring.
Any ways here's what I've tried, the procedure from page 10 of the manual, I've done it before on a 1 way FOB and it's pretty easy, tried many times here with nothing at all happening. I don't get any sorts of beeps, and the blue light on the control thingy stays off. So I read up on valet mode and tried enabling/disabling it, not working. With the door closed, if I turn the key on then off and press the control button the blue led comes on solid. If I do it again it goes off, so I know valet mode's working. I've tried then opening the door and going thru the sets on page 10 with nothing happening. I'm trying this when the lights not on, I did however try a few times when it was in valet mode when I wasn't paying attention. I do remember the light use to blink. I did a lot of Googling yesterday but didn't find anything helpful really. The only thing I've done to the car since the alarm worked was install a new battery.
what else should I try here? I'm assuming my alarm still works, I guess something could have happened to it since the last time I used it (December'ish 2016) but before I go to the local stereo shop and pay them, I'd like to see if there's anything left for me to try. I do know it's somewhat working because I can get it to go into valet mode. The new FOB I got is the 7654V
Car's a 2007 Saturn Sky Redline, had the stock GM alarm before I got the Viper 5904 installed.
quebert 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quebert
Two things I thought of that are different, my original key broke and I’m now using a copy I made. And I had my battery replaced recent. Don’t think those should matter any, but it’s all I can come up with at the moment
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2017 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
Sounds like it may not be seeing the door open, you could ground the negative door status wire and try again.
quebert 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2017 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quebert
thanks bs1d3 that makes sense to me, also sounds it's might be a bit beyond my scope. But, I shall Google it and see if this is something I can do myself. I went to the stereo shop that originally installed it today, they told me to come back Tuesday. If I research this and I'm not comfortable attempting it, they should fix it for pretty cheap. I would think lol.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic