the12volt.com spacer
icon

07-13 Silverado/Sierra Correct Window Module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxrzdxx 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2018 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxrzdxx
I was wondering if I could get confirmation on the correct directed window module to use on this vehicle, mainly for rolling windows up when armed.   I've seen various posts but no definitive answer on which module to use 529T, 530T or 535T? I've installed a 530T on my car so I'm familiar with the functionality. Hoping to get input from someone who has successfully installed one on this particular vehicle.
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2018 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxrzdxx
Still looking for input. According to a directechs print out for my vehicle, the windows are type A and the 529t model has to be used. So I did this and wired right to the window motor in the door, but no movement on the window whatsoever. The unit clicks when armed, and the switch still functions as normal, but the 529t does nothing to control the windows on its own. I only want the front 2 windows to roll up when armed.
Has anyone hooked a window module up to this vehicle successfully? And can offer any suggestions?
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2018 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxrzdxx
Tried to use a 530t automation works fine, but windows can no longer be controlled at the switch when connected.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2018 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
I'm using a 530T on my 2000 and 2006 Silverado's and they work fine.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2018 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2018 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxrzdxx
I have a different body style, I can't seem to find anyone who can verify success with the 07-13 body style.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2018 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
How did you wire the 530 to your window switch? You should be going straight from the switch and not the motor wires in the door..
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxrzdxx
Messed around with it some more tonight and got the 529T to work. Contrary to what I believe directechs indicates, it must be wired as type 'C' with two relays. One 529T does not have the ability to operate both front windows in both directions like the 530T, but that is okay with me as I only wanted the windows to roll up when armed.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
The 530T should work if wired correctly. You should not need a relay for the 530.. You should wire it between the motor and the switch. If you want the passenger side to have one touch you would need to wire the 530 to the passenger door.
http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/windowmodule/installmanuals/dei530tocr.pdf

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic