the12volt.com spacer
icon

Code Alarm/Flash Logic, 2015 Kia Soul

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northcoauto 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2018 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote northcoauto
Hello I am a new user I looked around to see if I could find anything on this. I am a new Codealarm installer (kind of wish I stayed with DEI) So I have one of the newest systems the CASECARS I am running a FLCART module that plugs into the back of the security module. I am installing it into a 2015 Kia Soul. Im using the type 7 installation guide. My question is what wire on the remote start unit constitutes as the Ignition (+) input/output? Is this the same as START status/ active output (blue/black wire)?? I have my modules programmed current firmware and flashed for the vehicle. I put the key in and nothing all my CAN wires are hooked up the security system has power and ground. Pretty sure I will be calling VOX or ADS tomorrow.. sigh Code Alarm/Flash Logic, 2015 Kia Soul - Last Post -- posted image.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2018 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I haven’t installed the new units yet, but I’ve done plenty of Audiovox. The flcart is looking for the remote starter heavy gage ignition 1 wire. Code Systems use a Pink colored wire(just like DEI). Prestige uses a Blue colored ignition 1 wire.
The heavy gage ignition 1 provides a +12v ignition signal to power the vehicle ignition wire during remote start, and also acts as an input to sense that the vehicle is on, or for programming, so it is considered input/output.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
northcoauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2018 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote northcoauto
Good morning all,
I could not find my last post but wanted to thank the the guy whom helped me with my no power issue! So thank you!
So I have got a 2015 KIA SOL (non smart key) CODEALARM CASCRS with flash logic FLCART (unit slides in back ADS protocol)
Keyless works, everything works no output to purple start wire when remote start is commanded. Interesting thing is if i command the start on FOB lights come on it starts cycling and flashing park lights and one chirp as normal but no crank does it 3 times and gives up. However if i put the key in and start it pull the key out it continues to run for the duration program 15 min then shuts down. if I hold down FOB button shuts down as it should. If I hit the brake it shuts down as it should.           I turned the key on hit the bottom panic/aux button it goes into diagnostics I get a code 3 ran it four times to verify hood pin or brake (+) Ive checked and triple checked all.. Man Im at a loss.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Also how do I enable the factory key FOB for remote start I cant find it in the program screen when I flash the module? This unit and the FLCART are both compatible. Should be 3 taps of the lock button on factory FOB correct?
Thanks guys I hope I can return the favor for someone else in the future. I'm in CO for other in the area.
northcoauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2018 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote northcoauto
That got me powered up thank you! Now the rest of the disaster!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2018 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Sounds like the bypass module(FLCART) has not been programmed to the vehicle. I am assuming the firmware that you flashed is (DL)-HK5?   Follow the module programming procedure in the install guide.
https://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-HK5/FLCART(DL)-HK5-EN_20180116.pdf    Look towards the end of the guide.
As far as 3x lock, the Flashlogic website does not indicate in the FLCART install guide that this is supported for this vehicle; There is an advanced features menu in the flashlogic programming interface. If this is available, it will show up there. Did you try this when you were programming the module? Also, if you decide to re-flash the module with the advanced feature set for 3x lock (if it is available), you will need to re-program the module to the vehicle per the above programming procedure.
As a side note, some of the Code Systems/Code Alarm remote starts had 3x lock from DBI or double press of the remote FOB as an RS activation feature (I believe the CA4054/CA4554). Check the RS menu in the CASECARS install guide to see if you can support this with just the RS and not have to worry about the FLCART feature...
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic