the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5704/DB3 on 02 Escalade EXT issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pedaltheglobe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2018 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pedaltheglobe
I am installing a Viper 5704 with a DB3 bypass module on a 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT. Two issues thus far...
Issue 1: When I download the instructions for the DB3 for a 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT from directechs.com it gives me the instructions for a DBALL2. Can someone confirm they are the same? The issue is the instructions state to hook both R Code wires from the DB3 to the yellow wire at the ignition switch. When I did this the first time it seemed to program correctly as the green light lit on the DB3 module. However, when I remote started the truck it kept triggering the PK2 system and not allowing me to start the truck even with the key. I tried soft resetting the module multiple times and resoldering the connections for the R Code wires, but it would never again light up green showing it was successfully programmed. I ended up disconnecting the R Code wires from the yellow wire at the ignition switch and connecting them to the red/white wire at the ignition switch and on the second soft reset of the DB3 it now remote starts. Do I risk burning up the BCM or PK2 module leaving it connected this way?
Issue 2: The DB3 is not monitoring the door pins properly. Directechs.com states this module can monitor "ALL door pins" on my vehicle. I currently have the black/white wire from the DB3 connected to the tan drivers door pin wire at the BCM for RAP shutdown, but not diode isolated. Does this need to be diode isolated? I couldn't get the truck to program from MTS to Automatic Transmission Mode as it wasn't reading the drivers door open. I ended up having to also hook up the door pin wire at the Viper 5704. If I leave it manually hooked up will it pull the DB3 out of D2D mode? I unhooked the door pin wire at the 5704, but left the door pin wire at the DB3 hooked up for RAP shutdown and the system is only intermittently monitoring the door pins. When I hit the dome override switch it stops monitoring them and even after hitting it again it wont monitor them...
Viper 5704/DB3 on 02 Escalade EXT issues - Last Post -- posted image.
pedaltheglobe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2018 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pedaltheglobe
I did some more reading on the Passlock2 system and the red/white wire that I have both R Code wires from the Dball3 hooked to seems to be just a 12v power source for the Passlock2 system. I currently have nothing hooked to the yellow wire and it is consistently remote starting. Can someone explain how this is even possible? As stated in the previous post I couldnt get it to bypass Passlock2 using the yellow wire but now concerned I may damage the BCM and end up stranded somewhere. Can someone with a directech account give me better wiring info on the Dball3 in a 2002 Escalade EXT as the downloaded instructions that I got without a login don't seem accurate...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic