icon

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe with Monsoon D-285 CD/Cassette

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryanjrod 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have looked literally EVERYWHERE for the wiring diagram of the stereo wiring harness, all I need to know is what wires go to where, and I cannot find this information ANYWHERE. I've looked in all the Hyundai forums, 12volt forums, literally everywhere to no success. It is the GM style 24 PIN plug, but I am completely bypassing the Delco amp, and don't wish to use any existing speaker wiring. I also don't want to alter the harness (cut it off and cap unused wires) until I know exactly where every wire goes (ex: remote amp turnon, constant, etc.) Somebody please help me, this is apparently not very common because there is NO ACCURATE information on this particular system/harness anywhere that I have found. Thank you in advance.
Ryan James
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a volt meter?
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe with Monsoon D-285 CD/Cassette - Last Post -- posted image.
Positive speaker wires are on outside. Negatives are on inside.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Radio 12v = red
Ground = black. That is what you can not see because of the flash
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe with Monsoon D-285 CD/Cassette - Last Post -- posted image.
ryanjrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much. I could not find this info anywhere, even Hyundai dealership in Visalia, CA didn't have it, and that's the dealership where the car came from to begin with! I appreciate it. I knew when the first wiring harness I bought that was for the Santa Fe didn't fit correctly that there was going to be hassle. Thanks for clearing this up for me!
'
Ryan James
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Metra 70-2003 is what you need. Is that what you bought?
ryanjrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I went to autozone and told the guy I had the "premium" model 05 santa fe (lol) and he ordered the wrong one. As it is I'm almost finished running a complete brand new system, including wiring. So I'm wondering, am I able to just bypass the harness completely? I took the monsoon and that horrid Delco amp out. I'm running 2x12 on its own amp,and 2 6x9s, 2 6.5s, 2 3", and 2 1" on another amp. Still have to modify the rear speaker ports to hold a 6x9,install front left speakers, run power cable, and figure out how to deal with the harness. I really would just rather wire the receiver wires directly to the wires from the harness. Idk if that will mess stuff up or not.
Ryan James
ryanjrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2018 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
Is getting rid of the harness completely a bad idea? I've seen other people do it and wire directly from the head unit harness to the wires after cutting the harness off. Should I not do that? Seems like it would be simpler than waiting a week for a harness to show up. Nowhere around here carries the 70-2003.
Ryan James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic