the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4115 One Button

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snuchster 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Could someone please steer me in the right direction??
I am installing an Avital one button remote starter in my sons 2005 Pontiac Vibe. Here is what I have thus far:
Heavy Gauge Relay, White 6-pin connector (These all go to positive)
1. Red - 12V (Connected to 12V main)
2. Pink/White - Second ignition/Accessory Circuit Output (black/yellow ignition harness)
3. Red - 12V (Connected to 12V main)
4. Orange - Accessory Output (blue/red ignition harness)
5. Purple - Starter Output (red ignition harness)
6. Pink - Ignition 1 Input/output (black/white ignition harness)
Primary Harness, white 9-Pin connector (Here is where I think I'm missing something) (I read on another post to hook the yellow wire to the Heavy pink. I tried that & it didn't work. With the yellow wire still attached, I touched the white/blue wire to ground it tries to start and then shuts off...without hitting the remote)
1. Light green black (-) 200ma factory alarm disarm output (not used)
2. Green/White (-) 200ma factory alarm rearm output (not used)
3. Yellow (+) ignition out (to alarm) (not used)
4. White/Blue (-) Activation input (not used)
5. Orange (-) 500ma ground when locked/anti-grind output (not used)
6. Brown (-) 200ma Horn Output (not used)
7. Red/White (-)200ma trunk release output (not used)
8. Black (-) Chassis Ground (To car ground)
9. White (+/-) Light flash output (not used)(may eventually hook up)
Remote Start harness, white 5-pin connector
1. Black/white (-) parking brake input (Supposed to go to parking brake negative but I put to ground) (I know my son will forget to apply parking brake)
2. Violet/white Tachometer Input (this model has a virtual tach) Did not hook up wire
3. Brown (+)Brake shut down (to (+)green/white, brake switch)
4. Gray (-) Hood pin
5. Blue/white (-)200ma 2nd status/rear defogger output (not used)
Did not use the satellite harness, Door lock, d2d or Bitwriter. I don't believe I need a bypass module because of the age of the car and there is not a transponder chip in the key.
I hooked up the antenna & valet button and cannot get the starter to respond with the remote. Could someone please lend some advice? Thank you
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2018 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
I think I'm my own worst enemy. I had it wired correctly but was impatient. After actually reading the directions I had to program the virtual Tach. The car took three attempts to start and then I allowed the car to run for at least 30 seconds. I then shut off the car using the remote. I waited a bit and tried to start again and this time it took the car two attempts to start. I then shut off the car once again with the remote.
It seems it takes the car two attempts to start but.....it does start. Would it be better to hook up the tach wire and eliminate the virtual way? From reading and researching, the Tach wire is a black wire on the ECM. The ECM is located behind the glove box down low, very hard to get to. Is there somewhere else to pick up the Tach wire for the 2005 Pontiac Vibe?
Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks
fatbak 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fatbak
OK--I'm not an expert on RS but I am a ASE certified Master tech. When you started the car with the key, before installing the RS, how long did U have to crank it before it started? If it started right up, say after cranking over a couiple times, then you will probably need to find a stronger tach signal. U might try to Goggle search for "clean tach output 2005 pontiac vibe" Good Luck
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
I was able to find the tach wire on the ECM "below" not behind the glove box. One final question, I have it hooked up and operating correctly. What I don't like is that the doors will unlock before starting, which I don't like. Since I don't have a transponder key do I still need a bypass so that the doors do not have to be unlocked before starting? And if so, would anyone know what bypass I would need?
Thanks again
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2018 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Or could I use the status output wire from the Avital to the keysense wire on the ignition harness fooling the car into thinking there is a key in the ignition? I can then eliminate the disarm/arm wires going to the kick panel connector.
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2018 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Does or has anyone installed an Avital for a late model car that does not have a transponder chip in their key? Like I have stated before, the remote starter works fine but to disable the alarm during a remote start, it will unlock the doors first.
My question is, should it then lock the doors after it started the car or just leave them unlocked? Programming perhaps?
I did connect these two wires under the primary harness just to get the alarm disabled while starting. Before hooking these up it would alarm because the doors were still locked.
1. Light green black (-) 200ma factory alarm disarm output
2. Green/White (-) 200ma factory alarm rearm output
So when depressing the single button, the car unlocks the doors and starts the car. It just won't lock the doors after it started. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2018 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, so the Vibe has the Factory alarm but no transponder based engine immobilizer system?
Currently you have the 4115 Disarm connected to the BLUE/YELLOW (-) 12 BLUE CONN IN DRIVER KICK PANEL
and the car unlocks the door before it starts the engine to turn off the alarm.
Additionally, you don't have the 4115 connected to the Vibe's Keysense wire.
I don't remember doing any Vibes of that era, but with most Toyota's, to disarm the Factory Alarm
system before a R/S, you just connected the R/S's GWR ( aka Ststus Output ) to the Keysense wire.
So, disconnect the 4115's Arm and Disarm wires and connect the Dark Blue (-) Status Output to the
Keysense wire ( Keysense BLUE/BLACK (-)   STEERING COLUMN HARNESS IN 2 PIN CONN ). See if that
works.
I'm not a Viper person so I'm not sure if there is a way to do a "lock after start" on a 4115 like
most other brands can. As a dirty work around, you could program the 4115 Second Status wire to
Defog with a pulse and connect that to the Lock or Arm wire. The 4115 will output a Defog pulse
about 5 seconds after a successful R/S. That's IF the Keysense connection doesn't fix your issue.
Soldering is fun!
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2018 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
kreg357 thank you for verifying that the status output wire to the Keysense would eliminate the alarm going off. Worked like a champ & now I can get the kid off my back. Much thanks!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic