the12volt.com spacer
icon

Excaliber old to new

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cbr629 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2018 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Cbr629
Hello I like to know the best way to upgrade from Excaliber AL-2000-EDP to AL-XX70-B ? The company that did the original installation is no longer in business and I want to install the new unit based off the current wires already installed like maybe cutting off the ends and using connectors to wire the newer harness for installation. Thanks in advance
thanks
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2018 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
I had to do something like you are wanting when an older Audiovox alarm broke and they covered it under warranty BUT the new system did not share the same plugs and one or two wires were reversed in polarity. The old one I had was a second generation while the replacement was a 3rd or 4th generation.
I would get the wiring diagrams for both systems then lay them out verifying what each wire does and which can be changed over and then come up with a plan.
On my situation I did have to change the polarity of the door lock relay as the original was set up as a positive trigger output and the new model was only a negative trigger output.
If the new system has a new siren, maybe change that out also and any other parts that might be questionable.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
Cbr629 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Cbr629
That sounds like a great idea! I will have to try that and thank you.
thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic