the12volt.com spacer
icon

AutoStart Remote Starter, 2005 Tundra, Lock/Unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
capekubota 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2018 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote capekubota
I have a 2005 Tundra with an Autostart car starter (AS-1414 i believe). It has 4 buttons, lock-unlock-start-truck open. The remote start button works fine, trucks start right up. Its the unlock\lock buttons that won't work. The oem remote fob does lock and unlock the truck, but this autostart remote will not. I have tried reprogramming and it did not fix the issue. Any suggestions?
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2018 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
has it ever worked before? If this is a new to you truck, most likely the door locks weren't hooked up.. if you can, pull down the unit and see if green and the brown are hooked up (they may have used white/brown white/green).
capekubota 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2018 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote capekubota
Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the control box wiring
Something I also noticed. When I start the truck with the Autostart remote, it disables the lock\unlock buttons on my oem Toyota key fob (that normally work).......
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
oem fobs will not work will the car is running. That's the truck doing that not the remote starter. If you start the truck with the key and push the lock or unlock button they wont work
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic