icon

Compustar CM3000, Brake Wire Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ggrant3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2018 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, so the emergency brake connection is fine.
The issue is with the brake wire, but it's strange.
I've got to do some more testing to figure out exactly what works and doesn't work with the brake wire connected/disconnected.
I can live without having to have the foot brake wire connected, because if the reservation/turbo timer functions with only the emergency brake that's fine, since that would only be engaged when I'm parked and getting out of the car.
But I can't recall if I was able to remote start with the brake wire dis-connected or if I had to connect it for the remote start to work.
I'll report back once I test more and find out for sure.
Ever hear of this?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2018 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Might have. You could try doing "relay isolation" on the vehicles Brake wire. Just add a relay
wired as below :
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 86 to Probe Brake wire
Relay Pin 87 to +12V constant
Relay Pin 30 to CM3000 Brake Input
Relay Pin 87a - not used, insulate
The added relay might give you the clean +12V Brake input signal the CM3000 needs. And, yes,
the Brake signal is needed. It shuts down the remote starter.
Soldering is fun!
ggrant3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2018 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
You sir.......are a genius.
Works perfect.
Can't thank you enough for your help, patience and knowledge.
ggrant3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2018 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I've got one issue with the alarm and I'm not sure if its an option I need to just turn off (via the remote) or if I need to hook up another wire for some reason.
When I start the car (with the key) and close the last door, the alarm instantly arms (doors lock, led flashes, parking lights flash, then the parking lights stay on until I press the brake pedal). But it seems that the shock sensor is off, because the vibration of the car running doesn't affect it and also driving over bumps in the road doesn't set it off. And the shock sensor is set sensitive right now, because when parked and armed, if a good size truck drives by it will set off the alarm, that's why I feel the shock sensor is off during this time/situation.
While its in this state, if I open the door, the alarm goes off. If I disarm it, it will stay disarmed, unless I open the door and close the door, then it will see the door close and rearm the same way.
But the turbo timer (aka reservation mode) works fine, and remote start works fine too. So the alarm knows when the car is on or off, so I was thinking maybe its a specific function/option. That's why I don't think its a wire that was left unconnected, but I've been wrong once or twice before in life too.
I thought it might be related to the Ignition Controlled Door Locks, but I turned off that feature and it still happens, so it's not that apparently.
Any ideas?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2018 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you might be going into reservation mode. Is the E-Brake on? What happens
if you start the car with the door closed? Check the E-Brake input to the CM3000.
Soldering is fun!
ggrant3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2018 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'll check those things and get back to you.
I'm going out of town tomorrow, but if I have a few minutes I'll do a little testing before I go, otherwise I'll do it when I get back on Sunday/Monday
ggrant3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2018 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
You know what, I think you're right. I think it may just be going into reservation mode too.
I was thinking about this all night and with the last car I always sat down, shut the door, and started the car. But with this one, (not sure why) I start the car before shutting the door, so that is most likely it.
I'll run a few tests anyways, to be sure, but I'm starting to think that's it.
ggrant3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2018 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, that was it.
Just a Newb error on my part, have to get used to using this alarm again, it's been years since I had it on a car of mine and just forgot about that being able to happen.
Thanks again.
kreg357 
Posted: March 14, 2018 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Sure, enjoy the convenience system.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic