icon

2018 Toyota Sienna LE Keypad Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jangelj 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for posting that pic. It took some hunting, but that's the same pic I found in the internet. I tried to post it, but the pic was too big to upload from my phone.
So my installation is done. Took a few hours, mostly because I was trying to "figure it out". For anyone doing this, the pics posted above are priceless. Just remove the lower dash panel, leaving the airbag in place. It's 2 10mm bolts, then just pull to pop the clips. You'll have to take off the kick panel by drivers left foot first.
Then attach from the RS505 green/white, blue white, and black to Ground. I used the ground screw under the kick panel mentioned above. Green/yellow wire goes to pin 9 black wire. Blue/yellow goes to pin 24 blue wire. Both of those are in the body ECU wire harness as shown in the pics above. I found it easier to unplug the harness from the ECU while tapping into the wires. For +, I just poked around till I found a red wire with 12 volts. It was on another harness to the right of the ECU.
Those are the only wires I hooked up. I'd like to be able to unlock ALL the doors, but I'm not sure how to do that. Mostly I just need to store the keys in the van when at the gym, pool, hike, etc. as long as the drivers door opens, I'm happy.
Also, I am able to lock and unlock with the keypad and fob in any combination I have tried. I know I_walker had problems unlocking when he locked with the keypad, but I have not had that problem.
thanks!
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic