the12volt.com spacer
icon

Halogens and LED's on the Same Harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thorvald 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2018 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thorvald
I'm a bit in a confused by this and could really need some help.
I can't figure out how to configure my car taillight setup.
I have dual drive/brake (3157 27/7w) lights, total of 4. Two of the reflectors are build
so that if I put halogen bulbs in them, the bulb comes to close to the lense and it will melt.
The solution was to put low profile leds in. The wiring is done like I have demonstrated in the diagram.
Then to the problem... I can't get the leds to work like they should together with the halogen bulbs.
Normaly if I hit the brake pedal without putting the keys in on position, the brake lights will come on.
But only the halogen ones light up. If I put the keys in on position or turn on the main light switch
the leds do the same as the halogen ones. I thought I might had the wires wrong and flipped the signal
cables around for the leds, then the halogens stay on permanent brake light, but no light in the leds.
Flippig the led bulb did nothing. Can't halogens and leds be on the same harness?
Halogens and LED's on the Same Harness - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic