the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Kia Sedona, Excalibur Rs-275-3db

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elric 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elric
Hi and Thank you,
   I am having an issue with the remote start and door locks. The unit shows that it recognizes the ignition wiring but wont start, my vehicle doesn't have an immobilizer. All the wiring charts say to use the door lock wiring to tap into. However this is impractical because in order to do this I would have to make 2 new pin connections on the door connection to the main body of the car. This car has a keyless entry built in to the bcm which is part of the fuse box on the drivers side. So there should be a wire I can tap there. In fact there should be wires on the bcm for nearly every function of this unit. Also, there are two connectors above the ignition switch that have green plastic covers on them that have nothing plugged into them does anyone know what they are for?
Thank you again
Elric
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2018 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
On those Vans you can either go into the drivers door (done it but not incredibly fun) or get a data module to do the locks for you. I like idatalink stuff ive probably done 50 of those Vans using idatalink modules ( including my wife's) Soo much easier.
As far as remote start not working can you list it your wiring so we can get a better view of what's going on.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic