icon

Door Lock Issue with Viper 5305 in 99 Jeep Xj

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayridespow 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed a Viper 5305 alarm with remote start and fired it up for first time today and was pleased to find out that I did most everything right with the help of the 12volt. Alarm and remote start are working perfectly. The door locks are not working though. Traced the wires in the kick panel for the lock mechanism, wired the module door lock/unlock wires into the vehicle wires using direct techs relay module but the doors are not locking or unlocking using the Viper remote. Anybody have any experience installing Viper systems in 99 to 01 Jeep Cherokees that might be able to point me in the right direction to diagnose the problem?
Living the dream
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2018 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
It has been many years since I did this. You can run 3 wires into either front door. At the door lock switch there is a common contact and a lock and an unlock contact. You will have to disassemble the housing to get to the circuit board at the switch. If you take it apart and post some pictures of the circuit board in the area of the lock switch I should be able to help you locate the 3 contacts.
jayridespow 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2018 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Wow , didn’t think I would have to go that deep but I’m willing if it will get it working. I have to get back into the drivers door anyway because for some reason my drivers window won’t roll down. I think I can get to it Saturday, if I don’t figure it out on my own I will post pictures for guidance and post regardless to confirm your recommendation.
Living the dream
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,422
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2018 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
I've never done one myself but bulldog lists some wires in the kick might be worth a look
CHEROKEE/CHEROKEE SPORT     1999-2001
KEY     
POWER LOCK     ORANGE/PURPLE (TYPE B) See NOTE *1     IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
POWER UNLOCK     PINK/PURPLE (TYPE B) See NOTE *1     IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
NOTE *1 When testing the LOCK and UNLOCK wires, make sure the doors are closed
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
jayridespow 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2018 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I’ll double check those wires when I tear back into it.
Living the dream
jayridespow 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
So my whole issue the whole time was that I was using DIrecteds relay module as the wire layout sheet I had said that a relay was needed.
After double checking everything I finally figured out that the 99 XJ is a type B lock/unlock system using a ground pulse to activate the locks.
The 5305 module outputs a ground pulse when the lock/unlock buttons are pushed. Straight and simple green wire to the pink/purple and blue wire
To the orange/purple. Done. No aftermarket relay needed.
Living the dream

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic