the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Toyota Highlander LE Plus Lock And Unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luminator@2018 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2018 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luminator@2018
Hello,
I try to install the Smart Key PKE Car Alarm System to my 2015 Toyota highlander LE plus. I did search and found almost the wires need to connect to PKE Car Alarm system. However, there’re only 2 wires I could not find. That are lock and unlock wires.
I opened the lock/unlock switch on the driver side door and used the multimeter to check the voltage. I found two wires that the voltage change when press lock or unlock switch. But the problem is that when press Unlock, the voltage change from 11.57 VDC to 7.6 VDC (approximately) then after a few second the voltage go back to 11.57. it dose the same when I press Lock (I performed this check on the same wire). It dose the same when I test the other wire. So, I don’t know which one is lock or unlock wire.
If someone knows the lock/unlock wires or wiring diagram of 2015 Toyota highlander LE plus, please share with me. Thank you very much.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2018 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Going into the door for the locks can be problematic with the weather-proof door boot, etc. Most
typical installs use a data style bypass module that handles the locks and alarms for you but here
is some info on where you can get the power locks from inside the vehicle at the ECU / Fuse Box.
Omega
Lock        RED (-)           BACK OF DASH FUSE BOX WHITE 32 PIN CONN, PIN 22 *
Unlock     WHITE (-)        BACK OF DASH FUSE BOX WHITE 32 PIN CONN, PIN 27 *
* Test from passenger door switch.
Bulldog Security
POWER LOCK            PURPLE(-) (driver door key lock)@ Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 29
POWER UNLOCK        LT BLUE DOUBLE PULSE (-) (driver door key unlock)   @ Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 2
You would need to set the PKE unit for a double Unlock Ouput to unlock all the door at once.
Soldering is fun!
luminator@2018 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luminator@2018
I'll try that. Thank you so much for your help.
luminator@2018 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luminator@2018
I got it. It's working now. Thank you so much, Kreg357.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good news. Thanks for the update.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic