the12volt.com spacer
icon

Latching Relay To Disable Parking Sensors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
confusedvw 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote confusedvw
Hi i have been spending the last few weeks trying to work this out but i still dont feel 100% that i know how to do this. What i am trying to do is install a switch on the dash of my van which will allow me to disable my reversing sensors. I have bought a vw switch which is a momentary switch and a durite 0-728-02 12v latching relay. The wireing set up i am working with is i have a break in the wire between the reversing light and the reversing sensor control module where i intend to install the switch. Can anyone advise me how i should wire things up?
Currently i am thinking if i conect either a + feed from the momentary switch to the “S” connection, ground to termanal 30, + feed from reversing light to 56, and + feed to reversing sensor control module to 56a.
The relay I have https://www.altecautomotive.co.uk/latching-relay-12v--25a--braltry0-728-02-23-3640-p.asp
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
That should work fine.
confusedvw 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote confusedvw
Thank you

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic