the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Nissan Altima, Immobilizer Bypass Installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usmamyer 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote usmamyer
Hi all. I recently picked up a 2001 Nissan Altima GLE and am trying to bypass the immobilizer using a "Directed Electronics Inc PKALL Xpress Kit Data Transponder" that i picked up from amazon. The security has been playing games and its time to simply bypass and be done with it.
My problem is that when I reference the install instructions, the wiring does not seem to match up exactly. I have checked out the wiring diagrams on the12volt and havent found them to match exactly either, so Ill provide pictures here of what is not lining up and hopefully someone can help me out.
As you can see, the immobilizer harness has 5 wires in an 8 pin harness, however the pins the instructions ask for do not correctly correspond with what I have.
Thanks in advance
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2ek2GmPRg8UDdFT0ZiWkRxNUFydXZtdF9talVRbVpxWWNj/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2ek2GmPRg8T1EzZ2Vyc1l5RFZLOVRFVlhxTkM4cjZ5RGhR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2ek2GmPRg8LWRibFNRWWZqWl9XMnFxbU92eTBPRjRvSk93/view?usp=sharing
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Sound like you have a early 2001 which is still using the 2000 setup and will need to sacrifice a key and use a 556uw to get it going.
usmamyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote usmamyer
I'm not well versed in security issues much at all, but have found a nats diagram online that appears to say Brown is IGN, green/orange is security light, light green/red is possibly data? it goes to ecu from this harness so Im assuming on the last one there.
My goal is not to actually set up a remote start or anything, I was just hoping this would bypass the immobilizer from stopping my normal key from starting the car is that not the case with the device i picked up? I know i can't completely disable the system but was hoping this would keep me from having to shell out a bunch of cash to maybe reprogram a key that was working completely fine and hope that it doesnt just magically stop working again.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
What are you meaning by "normal key"?
Un-chipped or without fob functions?
usmamyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote usmamyer
I have the original key which has a chip in it, no fob functions built into it, and i have a fob lock/unlock and trunk open
eguru 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2018 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
I am a bit lost about your intended end result.
Are you wanting to use an un-chipped key to start the vehicle?
You say that you are not intending to incorporate a remote starter or alarm system. What is going to trigger the immobilizer bypass?
usmamyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2018 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote usmamyer
I was originally guessing that the immobilizer bypass would learn the info from the computer to make the security system stop keeping me from starting my car. I have now been educated slightly more on the subject and realize this is not the case.
I did install the immo bypass yesterday,obviously to no avail. I contacted a locksmith today who attempted to reprogram the keys after removing the immobilizer bypass which also did not work.
I'm not 100% on this, but I'd assume this would mean that part of the security system itself is broken. Should I start by buying a new immobilizer and try to find someone who can program it for me? Or might it be possible that some car alarm guru can bypass the nats system on this thing for cheaper? I'm pretty thin on options but really hate the idea of towing to a dealership and paying them crazy money to fix an unnecessary car alarm on an $800 car.
eguru 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2018 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Please give us a step-by-step description of what is happening when you have problems starting your Altima.
Perhaps we can help you cure the issue and avoid these work-arounds.
usmamyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2018 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote usmamyer
I bought a 2001 Nissan Altima GLE with 140k miles as a beater for back and forth to work. Drove it for about a month during which the original key and fob worked perfectly fine. I left it sitting for 2 days while I was off. When I was headed back to work after the 2 days, I hopped in, the car started perfectly fine and ran for a few seconds before shutting off and illuminating the security light. After that it cranks the engine but will not fire at all.
Since then it has remained in the security no start condition. I have left battery disconnected to maybe reset the sec. system, tried to relearn the key via the "cycle the key x amount of times for x amount of seconds" methods for the NVIS/NATS systems i found online, tested the battery, tried getting a new chipped key cut, the misguided immobilizer bypass attempt, and the locksmith who was unable to communicate with the ecu.
After a little more research today I found accounts of a failure to communicate with the ecu response in programming tools for this car to point to a bad immu on many occasions. Again, not sure on this security stuff, I work as a mechanic but this is definitely an area I know very little about.
Thanks again to everyone for the input
donman 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2022 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote donman
I'm having a similar issue with my 2003 Altima.
Please message me if you have knowledge of pkall xpresskit, or viper smartstart.
My car is cranking... Won't start.
I'm panicking.
I did some repairs.
Took doors from another car, limited edition.
Once I replaced the driver door... My car won't start
Please help2001 Nissan Altima, Immobilizer Bypass Installation - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic