the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ISO Opinions on Stereo Items in Cart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2018 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Ok guys I know that not everyone is a big fan of the "free air" sub but at 17 I installed two of these oft considered "novelty" 12" subwoofers in a 3/4" sheet of plywood cut and mounted into the back of my 1981 Buick Regal. They were during directly into the back of the rear seat and I had shot a liberal amount of that, at the time *new and state of the art* foam insulation sealer, around the edges of the plywood. Being that this was a 13+ year old vehicle with a pair of 6×9 speakers mounted in some 4×10 adapters and old weather stripping I doubt seriously that anything was air tight as much as I might have tried. Anyway that story brings me to this. They did the job and did it well at the power of a Fosgate Punch 45 amp.
I have a factory ten inch sub mounted on my rear deck in my 95 Lexus GS300. I need to put a whole new system in and this is what I've chosen. Lots of it was chosen by price as I'm not rich and I'm trying to also purchase a house and can't find spending a thousand plus on speakers alone a great idea currently. So the following is my Crutchfield cart inventory. Please give me your thoughts.
I've already got 2 pairs of Rockford Fosgate 5.25" full range speakers I got on sale. I had intended on doing components up front but depending on how this sound I may use these only for the time being and later replace the fronts....
-Kenwood DDX375BT DVD Receiver with
-SiriusXM SXV300VI Tuner add on for "free" after rebate
-1 Kicker 44CWCD104 CompC series "free air" 10" sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils
-powered by Sound Ordnance M2250 2 channel amp w/ 175 watts RMS × 2 @4ohm 250 × 2 @2ohms
-8 gauge amp kit with 17 foot RCA included
Please give me your thoughts. I trust and respect the guys who have put their time and love into this kind of hobbies/job/obsession. It all comes to about 525 bucks so if you have something that is comparable and better please let me know. Thanks
team25hz 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2018 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote team25hz
Wolframaudio.com
You’ll thank me later...
👌
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Lol it's been a minute since I posted on this subject AND I didn't get that particular setup but I did fill a cart over time and it in no way resembled that one! Lol.
Man I appreciate and respect the Wolfram audio plug for sure! I've been keeping an eye on these guys for a while. They're making some respectable amplifiers with legit specs and these days that's refreshing! It's just too easy anymore to throw inflated numbers on your consumer electronics such as emtry level amplifiers in order to get them sold at Wal-Mart to the masses and the only people that really suffer are MOSTLY young guys and girls wanting a nice first car stereo and they have to learn that old "you get what you pay for" lesson too young! For most kids a two hundred dollar car stereo amp is too hard to come by so the $50 Dual amp and it's unfortunate. Not that all those amps are bad they just NEVER produce weekday they claim.
It's sad!
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic