icon

Android Auto Motion Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlpio 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2018 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Alpine ILX-207 in my Subaru. I installed a micro bypass on the parking brake wire, connected the VSS wire to the car and used an adapter to connect the stock GPS antenna to the radio. My issue is when the car is in motion Android Auto blocks me from browsing my Spotify library which is extremely annoying. I'd like to know where AA is getting the information about the car being in motion so I can try to bypass it. Is it the VSS wire, the GPS antenna, or the phone's GPS? If no one has figured this out already I'll do some experimentation but I was hoping to find out from the forum before I pull the radio back out. Thanks all.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2018 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Are you trying to browse your Spotify library while you're driving?
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2018 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Simple answer, AA is doing it. AA will only let you scroll a coupe times before it locks you out for 5 minutes, always been this way and from what I have heard not gonna change anytime soon. All factory/after market AA deck do that. The bypass is only for video/some Bluetooth/some gps features
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic