the12volt.com spacer
icon

Radio Staying On While Car is Off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leonie 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote leonie
im installing a whole system in a 2003 vw passat sedan. somebody already installed one and almost blew the car up. the power wire was tapped into the fuse box using a 10 gauge on a 1200watt system. there was speedwire running from the head unit then stopped half way towrds the trunk then they solder on thicker speaker wire for the rest of the run. and they grounded to a metal handle used to open up a small compartment in the trunk. and alot more messed up things. but anyway im installing a pioneer avhx2800bs and the radio wont shut off with car and im not getting sound from speakers. i used a full run of speed wire from the head unit to 4 channel amplifier. and connected 12v accessory on the radio harness to the 12v accessory on the ignition harness thinking it would shut the radio off with the car. but no luck. anyone know why the speakers are not working or the head unit not shutting off? i could really use the help this job is driving me crazy. thank you
LOUDHOuse
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2018 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Have you verified your accessory wire at the ignition harness with a multimeter? Have you bench tested your headunit for proper operation? I use a 12 volt drill battery all the time to test things. If you connect the yellow lead to constant and the black to ground, touch the red to constant and see if it comes on. Now take it away and see if it powers off.
I'm assuming you are using speedwire from the amp's outputs to your suspected speaker leads behind the radio, correct? Have you verified the speaker leads? If you disconnect the outputs at the amp and connect some speaker wire directly to a speaker do you have sound?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2018 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muaiad97
just cut the red wire going to stereo and connected to fuse that come on when the key turns on it happen to me with jetta 2012 no it good

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic