icon

MB Quart NA540.6 Amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raw customs 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
First IF I get this amp I will be running only one sub and 4 door speakers.(its used)
My question is, I am looking at the specs and I understand ohms and channels and all that. What I don't get from their spec sheet is what the sub will be pushed at when bridged.
If anyone could be of any help.
Thanks a bunch.
MB Quart NA540.6
MB Quart NA540.6 Amp? - Last Post -- posted image.
Raw Customs Designs
2012 Ram 1500 QC Tradesman
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2018 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Assuming your subwoofer is a 4 ohm SVC or a 2 ohm DVC subwoofer (voice coils wired in series), and you're only using two channels bridged mono for the subwoofer, then it will be 180 watts at 4 ohms to your subwoofer.
MB Quart NA540.6 Amp? - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2018 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
Also, since the amplifier is stable at 2 ohms per channel, if you have a 2 ohm DVC subwoofer, you can wire 1 channel of the amplifier to each coil. It will be 90 watts at 2 ohms per coil or 180 watts total to the subwoofer. So whether you run two channels stereo or bridge mono, it will still be 180 watts total to your subwoofer.
Please tells us about your subwoofer. Is it a SVC or a DVC woofer and what is the impedance of each coil?
MB Quart NA540.6 Amp? - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I was going to base my sub off the power rating of the amp.
What would be a good sub to run, since it's only 180 watts?
I was hoping for more but its only going in a quad cab 2012 ram 1500. I'm going to build a center console enclosure for it.
Thanks
Again
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
the12volt 
Posted: July 16, 2018 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
You have other power options depending on your head unit and your preferences. You could power the rear speakers from your head unit, the front speakers from 2 channels of the amplifier, and the sub with four channels of the amplifier if you use a 4 ohm DVC subwoofer, which would give you 360 watts to the subwoofer.
As far as suggesting a subwoofer, I would first determine the dimensions and internal volume of your enclosure and whether or not your intend to port it, then come back and ask for recommendations in a new thread.
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2018 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
You have other power options depending on your head unit and your preferences. You could power the rear speakers from your head unit, the front speakers from 2 channels of the amplifier, and the sub with four channels of the amplifier if you use a 4 ohm DVC subwoofer, which would give you 360 watts to the subwoofer.
As far as suggesting a subwoofer, I would first determine the dimensions and internal volume of your enclosure and whether or not your intend to port it, then come back and ask for recommendations in a new thread.
So use channels 3 and 4 bridged for one voice coil and channels 5 and 6 bridged for the other voice coil?
Will die on the enclosure
Thanks a bunch
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged