the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Dodge Ram Viper Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
My Buddy had a remote start installed while he is out of state working. He has a 2004 Ram 1500 with a Viper remote start. He noticed in his instrument cluster Lamp out light is on. I had him look quick the other night when he got back home and noticed when remote starting all his lights come on. Headlight,driving lights and tail lights. I had him pop the switch panel off and he saw where the wire was connected. Connected to a white/green wire.Was wondering if the switch needed to be isolated like some of the fords are? I would think if that is the problem then the install shop should fix it???
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 14, 2018 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It would be worth going back to find out. The shop should not charge to correct this issue. White/green is the wire used for all the lights, based on the resistor that's used. Even though 330 ohms is listed for parking lights, it may cause the headlights and all to come on. If you read the sixth comment from the top, you'll see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2r4giXl1Tc
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic