the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007.5 Dodge Ram Remote Start / Parking Light on Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
a.beam.reach 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2018 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote a.beam.reach
I installed a "Plug and Play" remote start into my 2007.5 Dodge Diesel Ram. The only think I had to do beyond plugging in the "T Harness" was attach the "parking light" trigger. The trigger is (-) on the 2007 and 2008 Ram and a 100 ohm resistor came attached to the lead. When starting the truck, both the parking lights, and headlights come on (undesirable). The seller on eBay recommended putting another 100 ohm resistor in series but this did nothing. I don't want the headlights to come on when I start the car remotely. Any ideas?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2018 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I believe the resistor value should be 1130 ohms. If you can't find or "make" an 1130 ohm resistor get a
0 - 5k ohm potentiometer and dial it in using a Digital Multi Meter, then connect it to the Headlight MUX
wire and make any necessary final adjustments.
Soldering is fun!
a.beam.reach 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2018 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote a.beam.reach
Great, I'll give the potentiometer a try. I found this one: https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Electronics-5K-Ohm-Potentiometer/dp/B00CTWDHIO Does it look correct?
Thanks for your help!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2018 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, that should work but the price is high. Think I would go with a Directed 652T GM VATS resistor pack
off eBay for $4.29 w/ free shipping or Amazon for $4.30. It has 15 various size resistors and one of them
just happens to be 1,130 ohms. I checked another source and verified the required 1,130 ohm value.
Soldering is fun!
glenndallas 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2018 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote glenndallas
I have the same problem with my 2011 ford e150 and a prostart ct4211tw, park light and head lights on negative output. I’ve tried the positive wire output but getting no power from the remote starter. Would this same solution help me?
kreg357 
Posted: December 03, 2018 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your Ford E-150 is not similar to the Dodge Headlight MUX system. With your E- series, I would not
try to use a (-) Parking Light wire. Set the prostart ct4211tw jumper to (+) Parking Light output and
connect the prostart ct4211tw Yellow wire to this vehicle wire shown below :
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )    PURPLE/WHITE (+)    @ DRIVERS KICK PANEL or SJB, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG(E), PIN 6
Use a Digital Multi Meter set to 20V DC to locate and test this vehicle wire. Black test lead to
Chassis Ground and Red test lead to suspect wire. It will show 0v with the Parking lights off and
+12V with the Headlight switch set to Parking Lights.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic