the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Chevrolet Impala, Directed DB3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
breese822 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2018 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote breese822
I am installing a remote starter in a 2010 Chevy Impala and I purchased a Directed DB3 to interface with the car. I guess Directed no longer gives an installation manual with their bypass kits. How do I get an install manual? Does the DB3 that I purchased, need to be flashed? I just bought the starter and DB3 off EBay and I would like to get this installed today, but I need more info, and unless you are a Directed dealer, they won't allow me to access this info. I have over 20 years experience installing mobile electronics, but I haven't been in that line of work for the last 10 years, looks like alot has changed.
Any help would be appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2018 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Got some bad news for you.
The DB3 needs to be flashed with the 403.GM11 Ver 1.08 firmware. If the EBay seller did
not do this for you prior to shipment, you will need to try and find someone with DEI
Dealer access and the XKLoader2 / 3 to do this for you. That might be difficult with most
dealers protecting their turf and not offering any assistance to DIYers. Fortunately your
application does not require the Key2Go process, so after it gets the correct firmware flash
you will be able to complete the module to vehicle programming and install.
Here is a link to the needed DB3 Install Guide :
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/ddt/403-GM11-1.08-ORI_2010-Chevrolet-Impala_IG_EN_20180525.pdf
Soldering is fun!
breese822 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2018 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote breese822
I was afraid of that, for some reason, Directed products aren't too popular in my area, I haven't found a dealer nearby that can help me out yet.Dammit!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2018 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
BestBuy?
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic