the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105v, DB3 Doesn't Disarm Factory Alarm, 2004 Chevrolet Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Trinity
I need some help guys with my personal truck.
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 single cab 2 door.
Viper 4105v with db3 wired D2D
The remote start works fine, The locks work fine. My problem I'm having is when I hit unlock both doors on my truck unlock, But If you open either door the factory alarm will sound. I have to hit the unlock button a second time to deactivate the factory alarm.
I have my db3 feature set to both doors and not priority, I have the viper set to 1 pulse unlock, Factory alarm disarm set to with unlock & Factory Alarm disarm pulses to single.
I have reset the viper twice & soft reset the db3 as well.
I just want to be able to hit unlock once on my remote and the truck unlock with factory alarm to disarm.
Can any one give me any guidance or help out?
Thanks Ryan
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You could hardwire the factory alarm disarm output from the Viper to the truck. It's listed as (-) light green at the driver's door module.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2019 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
OEM Alarm Disarm Output (H2/4 wire)
1. With Unlock: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed at the same time as the unlock
(Blue) wire
2. Before Unlock: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed before the unlock wire
3. Remote start only: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed during remote start only
Try option 2 to fix you issue.
Trinity 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2019 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Trinity
I just hardwired the oem alarm disarm output and diode isolated it. Now the truck will unlock & disarm the oem alarm on the 1st push of the viper remote. However I have to hit it a second time for the lights on the truck to flash. Not sure why but I'm content with it. I know my passenger door latch switch isnt working so I can open the door and the alarm will not trigger (while armed), Interior lights will not power or the rap will not shut off. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not. But that's where I am.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2019 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Standard fair for the OEM to lock the first time and then flash lights and horn honk on second lock press.
Trinity 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Trinity
I just removed the entire system. It was locking and arming the oem alarm fine.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic