the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to Update Firstech OP500 and/or Brain Modules Without Login

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
Anyone know how I could go about updating my op500 or brain boxes for my compustar systems (cm5000 and cm6000, both alarm starter systems) if they need them without having a login to firstech data site?
What's the latest firmwares? Anyone know how to tell what the op500 is running? Looks like I have the updates for ver 9 but dont know if I'd installed it. I know the instructions for finding out the firmware of the units is in the install manuals.
I'd tried searching, but didnt see my question in the results, I didnt look through the 1500+ pages of this topics genre page by page.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you have the ADS USB cable and iDatalink access the CM5x00, CM6x00 and CM7x00 brains can be checked,
updated and configured at this WEB site :        http://compustar.idatalink.com/
As far as updating the OP-500 programmer, it is possible but not real easy. I think the current firmware
update is Version 26. I did the update back in June of 2015 and it still works on all models. I just
uploaded the OP-500 Manual. Here is a link :   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1424
The firmware upgrade process is shown on the last few pages of the manual.
Soldering is fun!
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2019 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
When I get to it (the alarm(s)) I'll try that idatalink site, Hopefully I don't have to make a login with business info that I don't have.
That user manual you uploaded is the same one I have already, However when I go to the link in it to get the updates the page can't be found (Compustar has, since issuing that manual, changed their site, pretty radically I might add); With that I am unable to find any "updates" for the brains/OP500 like I was able to when I first looked into them (The ones I have saved locally). Upon looking around (google search results) I'd found a .PDF (and a youtube video too) about "how to update the OP500" and it mentions some software, I don't have that, or any update.zip files beyond "...EX_9..." for the 500. is there somewhere online that google may have missed (Yeah, I know, Unlikely) that I'd be able to get the OP's update from? or is mine gonna be stuck at whatever it's at (9 if it's even installed) Since I don't have a "Dealer Login" for for Firstech's site? I kind of wish I did, Then maybe they'd talk to me about why my drone (dr3100) isn't communicating, But that's for a different topic.
Sorry Long Winded. XP

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic