the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4105 Install/Troubleshooting, Nissan NV 3500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aharonhakohen 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2019 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
1. iData's install guide showed pins 7 and 8 (white and gray) on the BCM connector. The problem was that on my connector the colors were not white and gray.
2. Furthermore, on Fortin's install guide it showed pins 1 and 2 (lt blue and yellow) on the driver kick panel 12-pin connector. That was my original connection point. It did not work there.
3. On Wirecolor's diagram, it shows pins 1 and 2 (as Fortin does above), but labels them "lock and arm" and "unlock and disarm" respectively. It also lists grey and red on the same connector as "lock" and "unlock" respectively. I (thought I) had tried this last option, and it did not work. But, I connected it tonight, and it works (almost perfectly)! So, in conclusion: regarding lock/unlock in my 2016 Nissan NV 3500, the correct wires I am using are: on the 12-pin connector by the driver kick panel - grey/lock and red/unlock.
Two things I am noticing:
1) When I unlock using the OEM remote, the first unlock only unlocks the driver door, the second unlock will unlock everything else. Is there any way to have this feature?
2) I am still not getting the horn when I am locking using the Avital remote. I thought that I had changed the programming, but I will try again.
Regarding the wire for the lights in the driver A panel: I noticed that the colors if the wires were different than shown in Wirecolor's pictures. I did not want to start stripping wires just to test if they are the correct wire. But seeing as I have no other choice, that is what I will do.
Thank you!
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2019 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
So I’d go with gray and red but I’d also verify that if you arm and lock it with your factory remote, that it doesn’t set off the factory alarm when you remote start from the aftermarket remote. Check this by locking and arming and then waiting a few minutes. Then using the aftermarket remote to attempt a remote start. If it starts without issue then that’s good. If it sets off the alarm you may need to wire up a factory alarm disarm wire.
Progressive unlocks are always difficult to replicate but it can be done. It usually involves going into the driver door and wiring up the primary unlock wire to only that door lock motor, then wiring the progressive 2nd unlock wire to the vehicles regular unlock wire to pick up all of the other doors. I usually don’t bother because of the extra relay and wiring involved.
As far as the horn, if you try different settings in the Avital programming and still don’t get the horn honks, maybe check that the bypass isn’t disabling the honks. Check through the programming options in there to see if there are some horn honk settings that may be conflicting between the two units.
I wouldn’t go crazy with the strippers. I usually just take a utility knife and run a small slit into the plastic insulation of the target wire to get down to the copper. Then just give a slight bend in the wire at the slit so you can poke your DMM probe in and touch the wire. If it’s the right wire then strip the insulation back enough to solder your wire on. If it’s not then just bend it back straight and put a small piece of 3M tape to cover up the slit you made. Another good probe tool to have has a grooved channel with a spring loaded sharp probe tip. Makes testing wires much easier.
Steve G
danwcope 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2019 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote danwcope
OP,
Did you ever figure out the parking light wire? I'm having a hard time locating it in my 2018 NV Passenger Van for my iDatastart module.
Thanks,
Dan
aharonhakohen 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2020 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
The short answer is, yes. But, I have no recollection of which wire it was.
I completed the installation, and everything has been working for a while already.
Sorry I could not be more help.
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
2016 Nissan NV 3500
Parking light (+)
Color: Red
Polarity: Positive
Driver's kickpanel, White 4 Pin plug, pin# 3
make sure to test this wire using a digital multimeter.
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic