the12volt.com spacer
icon

Factory Central Locking Motors At Rest, Toad RK30, 1998 Mitsubishi L300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shaunie61 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
That may well be the case,because we are on opposite sides of the pond!!.If it's possible to wire in the factory switch without blowing the fuses,that would be great,too.Im wondering if wiring in relays with diodes in would help?
Shaun
shaunie61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2019 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
Finally I have cracked it....
Shaun
shaunie61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2020 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
I'm still struggling to wire in my Toad RK30 to my Mitsubishi L300 panel van.The vehicle has a dashboard switch which has four wires in it. There are no factory relays that I can see or hear.The sliding doors have the usual two pin electrical connectors which make on closing the doors.Not sure about the tailgate as I cant see any connectors.
I uploaded the wiring diagrams and installation manual to your site as far back as April,2019.and was advised to use the five wire alternating 12V positive door locks relay wiring diagram. I am trying to wire this in using external relays despite there being on board relays(I believe).
The manufacturers instructions suggest using Lock and unlock normally closed before the wires from the switch are cut, and Lock and unlock common after the wires are cut (going to the motors). What I cant understand is how to connect these to the external relays, whether the lock and unlock common are the relay trigger wires or what would be on pin 87 as the 12 volt supply?
Any further help would be appreciated
TIA
Shaun
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2020 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Normally closed refers to relay terminal 87A. Common refers to 30.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
shaunie61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
Thanks for that.
It seems that there are relays onboard the module, and that the wires that I cut between the switch and the modules should be wired with the switch side wires going to the lock and unlock normally closed side of the onboard relays, and the outgoing wires from the module going direct to the actuators. I'll try tomorrow and see if that helps...
Shaun
shaunie61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2020 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
Well I have now tried all the options open to me, and it would appear that as the module has relays onboard I have gone back to using this approach. Interestingly though, the motors are still weak and slow when wired through the keyless module, but work at a decent speed when switched by the dashboard switch. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I use external 5 pin relays with the high current supply the results are the same.(using the five wire alternating wiring diagram)
Although it " works" am I missing something or is the norm that the keyless entry modules aren't as powerful? I just don't know how to remedy this, if indeed I can. Would a 5 wire door actuator make any difference? (I don't want to open the front doors with the keyless)
TIA
Shaun
Shaun
shaunie61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2020 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunie61
Although the module does have relays on board I'm surprised that adding external ones with the high current feed didn't make any difference to the operation of the motor speed. Any ideas? Anyone??
Shaun
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic