the12volt.com spacer
icon

Reverse Polarity Every Time From Single Input

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
landmaster1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2019 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote landmaster1
Hello,
I cannot seem to find a simple way to reverse the output polarity of a set of relays every other time the signal is generated.
Basically I am wanting to lock/unlock actuators with one button.
I thought I remembered a relay system that could do this. I saw your latching relay with two outputs - I could send one output to a DPDT relay or a set of SPDT relays but I am having a hard time finding mechanical latching relays these days.
Thank you in advance,
Ray
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2019 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Any chance you have a signal coming from your lock system that will tell you if the vehicle is locked or unlocked? For example a wire coming out of the actuator that gives you a ground signal when the door is locked.
landmaster1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2019 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote landmaster1
I am building it from scratch on a 69 Chevelle. I am using basic + - - + actuators, so no feedback. I actually am building it after coming across this 12volt site and getting MANY ideas. It will be 100% relay/diode/433mhz controlled.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2019 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
A magnet attached to the lock rod along with a magnetic alarm switch using the normally open contacts could give him a ground when locked situation.
landmaster1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2019 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote landmaster1
Hello all, I figured out a work around with my hardware.
Thanks anyway for the help.
I am running 11 channels from my original 8, that frees up buttons for separate inputs.
[BOARD of 4    ] |      [    BOARD of 4    ]        [GANG/BANK of 4]
[1 NO or NC   ]-/       [1 MOMENTARY NO/NC ] - - - > [    ganged    ]1A or 1B \      
[2 open channel]        [2 MOMENTARY NO/NC ] - - - > [    ganged    ]2A or 2B \\__\ Forwards remote board 1-4 to A or B based on BT 1 setting.
[3 open channel]        [3 MOMENTARY NO/NC ] - - - > [    ganged    ]3A or 3B // /
[4 open channel]        [4 MOMENTARY NO/NC ] - - - > [    ganged    ]4A or 4B/      
----------------        --------------------        ----------------
3 channels8 channels
They are ganged as;           Throttle UP, DOWN, Engine START, STOP (carburetor needs to be pumped and fast idle)
     then when switched it is Locks UNLOCK, LOCK, Windows UP, DOWN Reverse Polarity Every Time From Single Input - Last Post -- posted image.
landmaster1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2019 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote landmaster1
The ASCii image got messed up with word wrap etc... Sorry folks.
landmaster1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2019 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote landmaster1
If anyone cares I ended up using a digital FlipFlop Relay.
Here is the nearly finished panel.Reverse Polarity Every Time From Single Input - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic