the12volt.com spacer
icon

Relay for Door Actuators Blowing Fuse Instantly

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
exley96 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote exley96
I have added power door locks to my 67 Chevy c10 and integrated them with my alarm. However, when I wire up the relay (following the wiring diagram on the site for door actuators without a switch) the fuse blows instantly when I connect the power. Now I am assuming its grounding out, but I am not sure why. I am using 2 Bosch 0 332 019 150 30Amp relays...not sure if there are maybe different types with different pin setups? I do notice these relays dont have an 87a..just 2 87's. But that's the only difference. Any help would be awesome Relay Diagram
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Which relay diagram are you using - your link only goes to the index page.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
The diagram you linked shows that both relays need to see ground at 87A. If you don’t have that then you need to get the correct relays. SPDT relays 5 pin
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Alternatively, you can use a 451M door lock module which can be easily configured to operate your actuators. Use diagram D of the manual. https://www.the12volt.com/addfile/files.asp?s=191443&f=EVS%5F451M%5FWebIns%5F8E%5Fup%2Epdf
Can get for them for under $15 shipped on eBay Canada.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Directed-451M-Door-Lock-Relay-Assembly-Module-Remote-Start-Alarm-Resistors-/121442939400
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
I took a closer look at the relay that you listed. It turns out that it does have 5 terminals but it’s not a typical relay that we use. You ended up with a special application relay that happens to have the same look as the correct one but isn’t what you want. I assumed when you said there was no pin 87A that you had a 4 pin relay. Yours actually has 2 pin 87’s that are internally connected all the time. That is what is causing your short. Relay for Door Actuators Blowing Fuse Instantly - Last Post -- posted image.
The ones we typically use have 1 pin 87 and 1 pin 87A that are never connected internally. A better Bosch alternative that would suit your purpose is part 0-332-209-150 that I linked below and looks like this internally. Bosch 0332209150
Relay for Door Actuators Blowing Fuse Instantly - Last Post -- posted image.
Steve G
exley96 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2019 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote exley96
Yes, you are correct it is a 5 pin relay with 2 pin 87's. Makes sense now...ofcourse I would get some specialty relay that looks the same on the outside haha (just my luck). I'll head back to the store and grab the right ones. Thanks for your quick response.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic