the12volt.com spacer
icon

Directed/Viper 5906v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tunedbysaturnsl 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2019 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tunedbysaturnsl
Hi all,
First time poster, long time lurker here. I had a couple questions regarding my Directed/Viper 5906v alarm system. I'll try my best to not ramble on too much. I figured this was probably the best forum to post on since there's a wealth of information and a lot of knowledgeable people.
First question and probably my most mind-boggling. I seem to get absolutely no warn-away chirps from the siren in regards to sensors (ie. shock, proximity, and audio). Is this intentional? I get the notification on the two-way remote's diaplay, just nothing from the siren. However, the siren works just fine on the instant triggers and confirmation chirps (lock, unlock, etc.) I checked the feature setting with the Bitwriter and it's set to confirmation chirps-ON, warn-away chirps-ON.
Second question and it's probably beating a dead horse here. With the shock sensor (I think it's called the Stinger/DoubleGuard or 504D) I was originally getting the full trigger when testing, no warn-away. But, I think my shock sensor may have gone faulty since there seems to be no sign of life now with it. I had been trouble-shooting a different issue and noticed no red light earlier this afternoon. So, I've put in an order for a new sensor (and harness). I'll report back with an update later in the week when I give the new sensor a whirl. Are there any spots that are better or worse for mounting the sensor to?
Third question is regarding the 506T glass break/audio sensor. I have this fella connected to the instant trigger/trunk pin input on the brain. Each time I remote start the car without disarming the system, it sets the car alarm off. I guess it picks up the car's ding-ding chime before the car actually starts. I think what I need to do is remove it's signal wire from the trunk pin/instant trigger input and put it on the blue wire for one of the other sensors, like the proximity or shock sensor. Would that work? I guess I'm wondering if the car alarm temporarily bypasses the external/add-on sensors during the remote start sequence. Obviously, it ignores the ignition signal (or so it seems).
And finally, whew. Wo;; the 7752v remote work with this system? (And will it also work with the 5902v system I have for my second car?) I'm mainly asking due to the fact that these OLED remotes have a reputation of the display going dark and dying after a couple years. At $200+ each, I'm hoping for a more long term solution. I don't mind the one-way companion remotes, but I do like the real-time notifications. Coming from a Viper 790XV with the LCD screen, I'm hoping that the 7752v remotes are compatible.
Thank you for any and all assistance!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2019 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
tunedbysaturnsl 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tunedbysaturnsl
Thanks for the link, lurch228. Looks like that remote will work with my system after all.
I solved almost all of my issues. Still stumped on the lack of warn away chirping. I even tried turning the confirmation chirps off and leaving the warn away on and nothing. Get the notification on the remote, but not a peep from the siren. Really don’t want to have to go down the path of sourcing a new/replacement brain. Yikes.
I moved the audio sensor’s trigger on to the shock sensor with the cable that came with it. So, now it doesn’t trip anymore during remote starting. Fantastic! If I read correctly, the alarm temporarily bypasses the sensors during the sequence.
A new shock sensor took care of the one that seemed to have failed. It was an older sensor so it may have been its time.
damnnearranier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2019 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
May sound dumb, but did you cut the green wire loop at the connector end that plugs into the shock sensor? They have the green (warn away wire) connected to the blue (instant trigger) factory, and if you want warn away with shock sensor you have to cut the loop then solder the loose green wire from the brain end connector to the cut loop on the shock sensor end. That’s how to get warm away with the shock sensor. Maybe you did that already?
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
tunedbysaturnsl 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2019 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tunedbysaturnsl
@damnear, I’ll give that a whirl. It makes sense how you describe.
I ended up getting a new brain since the old one wasn’t giving the warn away chirping or light flashing, just notification on the remote. I had contacted DEI regarding it and they stated that the system is supposed to give off the chirps and lights during the warn away event. So long story short, new brain functioning as it should.
damnnearranier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Good to hear your system is up and working! I didn’t realize how old your post was until after I replied, so thanks for the update.
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic