the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Ford F-350, Issue with Compustar CM6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
I was wondering if anyone could lend me some thoughts, I have a 2005 F350 that I installed approx 4 years ago, a compustar cm6000 alarm/starter on my truck (hence no support from compustar that I'm aware of, I'd tried a while ago when I was doing my install and got nowhere) that has been working just fine since installed.
My issue is (in 2 parts):
1. For some reason the parking lights don't flash when locking, unlocking, etc... I hear the relays click like normal when I try the remote while in the vehicle, and my parking lights work fine when I turn them on (ex: headlights)
2. For some reason the remote isn't responding or updating for anything (no beeping or backlight and such, I thought it may have just been a speaker but then I noticed the screen not updating), but it still controls the alarm to lock and unlock the truck.
All this is about 6mo after the drone module I had quit working so I let the subscription expire.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You unintentionally got yourself into Valet Mode. If you still have the
Install and / or User Guides there should be a listed procedure to exit
Valet Mode.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the procedure from an older CM6000 Install Guide :
Q: The vehicle will lock and unlock, but will not remote start or flash the parking lights.
A: The system is in Valet Mode. Tap buttons (I) + (III) for a half second to exit Valet Mode.
Soldering is fun!
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2019 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
Unfortunately valet mode isn't the issue, I'd tried it before the remote quit updating. I made a short (3 min something) video clip of the issue for clarification to whomever is willing to offer assistance.
I'm wondering if something happened to the antenna cable, causing the remote issue because the remote issue started after the parking light issue, not at the same time. I'll have to see if I can pull that pillar off to inspect it one of these weekends, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Video link: https://youtu.be/Ja_Y6zPzjS8
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2020 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
Update for anyone that ends up with a similar issue as what I had, I took off the drivers a-pillar cover and found one of the mounting bolts did come into contact with the antenna wire squishing it, I replaced it with one from another antenna kit (vehicle I haven't got to do alarm install on yet) and it works correctly again. Maybe it's a diagnosis thing, but the parking lights are back to working/flashing like they are supposed with the alarm to also. Only other thing I'd touched was the green auxiliary input harness was out, I don't recall if I'd left it out when installed or not but I plugged it in too while I was there. It's not like there's anything connected to it anyway.
Now I just have to find a replacement 6-pin antenna wire to replace the one I'd used.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
ace_boy2099 wrote:
Now I just have to find a replacement 6-pin antenna wire to replace the one I'd used.
Thank you for following-up with the solution to the problem.
I'm not familiar with Compustar, but if the antenna cable is similar to DEI stuff, it consists of 6 small gauge conductors within a sheath. I've sucessfully repaired damaged cables such as this by slitting the sheath for perhaps 4", pull out all the wires and either double fold the remaining good wires and splice the bad wire, or do a double-splice to repair the bad wire. It's probably easier, and certainly quicker than obtaining a replacement cable.
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ace_boy2099
Yeah, compustar has 2 different antenna cables depends on the remote/antenna your using, one is a 4 pin and one is a 6. Like you said it's TINY wires in an outer sheath, I'm sure it can be fixed, just takes time, which I may have to do. I robbed the antenna cable from another remote kit for another installation but upon looking I cant find a new replacement cable.
Next chore (not too important, but still would like to do) is finding the files in order to update the brains, but more importantly my OP500. The catch is I'm an "end user" so I doubt compustar will give me a login to download it from them, and I've no luck so far in finding a source.
kreg357 
Posted: January 04, 2020 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
PM sent...
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic