the12volt.com spacer
icon

How To Reset JVC KD-R950BT?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcssls69 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcssls69
I have a 2004 Honda Civic LX coupe and cannot reset it using the button behind the face plate. I continue to get the error message telling me to check wiring then reset the unit. Is there any other way to reset the unit?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
*This will delete your settings.*
If it's not resetting with the button, you could unplug it, noting which pin is the yellow constant wire. Now take a piece of wire and touch the constant pin to the metal chassis of the unit and hold it for a few seconds.
After that, plug it back in and reprogram.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
9 times out of 10 when they will not reset, the output IC has gone out. How many times have you previously reset it using the button?
jcssls69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcssls69
I personally have only used the reset button once. I don't know about the previous owner of my car.
jcssls69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcssls69
That didn't work it still says to check the wiring then reset.
jcssls69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcssls69
Is that fixable for the normal everyday guy?
jcssls69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2020 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcssls69
Sorry this post was meant for someone else
FlyinHawaiian 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote FlyinHawaiian
If its the IC chip, chances are you'll need to send in to a shop to repair, unless you're good at soldering smd (surface mount devices)stuff. Sounds like it may be time to upgrade that head unit!
Of course, it could also be telling you that you actually do have a problem with wiring, and if you can't get it working, you might as well pull the head unit out and actually check all the wiring before sending it in for repair or replacing it. Pretty simple to do, just pull any rca cables, check to see if it still gives you the error. If so, or if you don't have any amps connected to the head unit, disconnect the speaker wires, one channel at a time, see if it still gives you an error after disconnecting each pair. If it goes away, you know you have a short in that pair. If it still gives you an error, its time to repair/replace it.
(EDIT) Just noticed this was an old post, thought it was posted this past week. My bad!
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
typically the check wiring message is a bad speaker in the car
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic