the12volt.com spacer
icon

Possible Bad Ground?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
basshead140db 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2020 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote basshead140db
Is it possible to have a bad ground my buddy says I do I'm not sure he gets shocked on the door every time he touches it it may sound stupid but I'd rather be safe then sry my current ground is on the bolt where my seat bolts in and I used a wire wheel to get to bare metal anything helps
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2020 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You didn't mention the vehicle or what equipment is in question. However, generally speaking, if we are referring to 12 volt electronics, this will not shock you. You can touch both the positive and negative battery terminals with your bare hands and you won't feel a thing. (I will say that a seat bolt is not necessarily the best ground, but if everything is working fine, you may just leave it alone.)
Do you have a power inverter installed? Is this in a newer F-150 with an aluminum body? If yes, this could be the cause.
Dry climates (low humidity) and synthetic materials (clothing) are conditions conducive to create more static electricity. Has this only occurred since the start of cold weather? Is this the same friend that always wears a polyester jump suit to keep the wind at bay? This may also be the culprit. Shocks from static electricity are typically 3,000 volts or more. Dry skin can worsen this, so use lotion.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
basshead140db 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2020 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote basshead140db
So my car and set up 05 trailblazer 0g wire hooked up to dc 3.5keverything is ran normal I'm only running a little power to my subs bc lack of h/o alt new car so I'm still working on it Possible Bad Ground? - Last Post -- posted image. Possible Bad Ground? - Last Post -- posted image. Possible Bad Ground? - Last Post -- posted image.
infektid 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote infektid
i had the same car . i was shocked by the door all the time in the cold. . got a chevy equinox. also shocked by the door. its not the car its the clothing like the other person said.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic