the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Ford Fiesta, Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattestion 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2020 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
I'm installing a Prestige APS57z with an ADS-ALCA bypass on a 2015 Ford Fiesta. It appears from the ALCA installation guide that it doesn't interface with the door locks on this vehicle which is a shame. So I have to hard wire which I've never had to do before. I have attached the ALCA guide and the door lock wiring diagram I found. I just need someone to double check that this is correct. Also, will IN4004 diodes work for this?
2015 Ford Fiesta, Door Locks - Last Post -- posted image.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2020 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yes the in4004 diodes will work fine, they are 1 amp diodes. Just make sure you have the stripe side (cathode) pointing the right way as shown in the diagram.
yellow/gray (key lock); blue/brown (detection)
violet/brown (key unlock); blue/brown (detection)
all wires should be in the drivers door boot
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
mattestion 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2020 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
Thanks! One other question for this install. There is no mention of a parking light connection. Is it assuming I will make the connection or like many newer vehicles is it activated through the CANbus?
motosaki 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote motosaki
There is a tech document on the park lights for that vehicle if I am not mistaken.
15yrs. in the industry. everything from simple deck installs, to remote starters, and full custom audio systems. I've Installed it all.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/techdocs/techdoc_6944_0-3.pdf?
Parking Lights - yellow/blue @ headlight switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 2
Parking Lights Interrupt black/gray cut      @ headlight switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 3
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
mattestion 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
I removed the driver kick plate and have looked through the harnesses but I can't find these wires. There are a lot of harnesses and they're very tight. I'm posting pictures of what I'm looking at.
This last picture looks similar to the one from Directwire but I can't get to the harness behind the BCM.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic