the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alpine Time Alignment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
broncoupe 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote broncoupe
Have an Alpine 106 RB i cannot get my head around the time alignment instructions they are just not clear. So you can only input distance either Cm or inches get that. What i dont understand is do i measure the speaker distance of each speaker then deduct it from the furthist speaker and enter the differance into the head unit or do i just enter the distance to the speaker from say the driver for each speaker
was really hopeful for my system presently it sounds harsh and lacks sound stage
The speakers are Blam 6"mid bass 3" mid and tweeter in each front door heavily sound deaden front doors running through Blam crossover and JL 300/4V3 amp 8" Blam subs rear shelf free Air crossing 80Hz 2x250 rms Blam amp
Can bring the harshness down by using the Alpine EQ full cut -6db 1000Hz -6db 2500Hz in truth could do with a 31 band EQ
any suggestions please re time alignment
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2020 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Distance from each speaker to your head.
broncoupe 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2020 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote broncoupe
Well thats what I thought and the manuel sort of says that
Except it then says read page 51 which has the full chart of distance and delays etc

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic