the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Honda Civic, Remote Start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2020 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
While you can connect to the battery with your own connection, you would be fine connecting directly to the ignition for power.
12 VOLT CONSTANT     WHITE (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2020 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
Hi,
I am almost done with the install. I am having trouble finding the Tach test connector. I believe I have located it, can someone confirm it, please.
2005 Honda Civic, Remote Start Install - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
is this it? It was taped to that bundle.
Thank you
George
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
That is the tach test connector, Blue wire. You can also test to confirm it by setting your voltmeter to 10V AC scale, probe from the wire ground and start the car. You should see a low AC voltage that increases as the engine revs.
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2020 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
HI,
So, I Installed everything.
The remote start works with the ready remote( not the factory remote).
The Trunk opens with 4 unlocks (factory remote).
Honda Factory remote doesn't turn on the car. ? this may be a setting issue.
Normally when I press lock two times on the honda remote, the alarm goes off. ( first, click locks the doors and second click siren god off) Is this an issue?
another thing I noticed is, once I turn on the care with remote start and then I put the key in the cylinder and turn, the alarm goes off. I am unable to disarm the alarm with factory remote. I would have to press the brek padel or the ready remote stop button to turn off the car and then I will be able to disarm the alarm with honda remote.
any advice on solving this
Thank you for all the help.
George
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2020 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
Glad to hear you've made progress.
Let's look at the remaining issues:
1.) "Honda Factory remote doesn't turn on the car. ? this may be a setting issue.
Normally when I press lock two times on the honda remote, the alarm goes off. ( first, click locks the doors and second click siren god off) Is this an issue?"
ANS: These are both the same issue. For the alarm, feature 7 (Pressing lock button 2x) is defaulted to "panic". This needs to be set to "activate Auxillary output".
2.) "another thing I noticed is, once I turn on the care with remote start and then I put the key in the cylinder and turn, the alarm goes off. I am unable to disarm the alarm with factory remote. I would have to press the brek padel or the ready remote stop button to turn off the car and then I will be able to disarm the alarm with honda remote."
ANS: Another limitation with this setup...you need to disarm the alarm before you get into the car. Since the Honda remotes won't work with the car running, you would have to disarm the alarm before you open the car door.
That could be accomplished with an additional relay, where the alarm would be disarmed whenever you remote start the car.    Note this will disarm the alarm, but not unlock the car. You would unlock the car with the key when it is remote started.
2005 Honda Civic, Remote Start Install - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Good Luck, I hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic