the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Lexus RX400h, Audio Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kraizter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2020 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kraizter
Hello, anyone out there know which colors of wires go to the speakers in a 2006 Lexus RX4300h? I am trying to splice into the rear speakers for a powered kicker subwoofer and need to know which wires to splice into. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance :D
kraizter 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2020 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kraizter
Thank you for moving this post, did not know there was a more specific forum location. Also I meant 2006 Lexus RX400h
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2020 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Subwoofer (+/-)      violet - white (L), pink - blue/black (R) (front door woofers)      +,-      amplifier under rear cargo floor      
Violet is positive, white negative on the left voice coil. Pink is positive and blue/black is negative on the right voice coil.
kraizter 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2020 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kraizter
Are you talking about the front speakers or the rear speakers? I cannot find the colored wires you have indicated. There are yellow and green wires going into the pigtail on the rear speakers in the doors. They each have yellow and green and it seems like one side yellow is positive and the other side yellow is negative.
However, when I tapped into the yellow and green wires coming in from the door there was no sound to a test speaker and the factory speaker in the door still functioned normally.
Also there are no green and yellow wires entering the drivers side cab from the speakers. They must change wire color inside the door.
kraizter 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2020 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kraizter
After reading this article I have moved to the factory amp.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/396364-hooking-up-a-subwoofer-need-amp-wiring-diagram-for-rx400h-rx330-rx350.html
Here is a link to an image of what I'm currently working with off the factory amplifier.
https://ibb.co/b6CW7ZG
Which of these speaker wires would I be splicing into for the connection of a powered subwoofer?
Thank you again, this has been an ongoing project.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2020 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Left Front Speaker (+/-)      brown - red/yellow or yellow - lt. green      +,-      amplifier under rear cargo floor           
Right Front Speaker (+/-)      violet - pink      +,-      amplifier under rear cargo floor           
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)      red - gray      +,-      amplifier under rear cargo floor           
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)      red/yellow - blue      +,-      amplifier under rear cargo floor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic