the12volt.com spacer
icon

How Does a Master Door Lock Work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itolond 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2020 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Hi Forum,
I am looking for insights on how a master door lock works - beyond the basics.
Scenario:
I have a linear actuator and via a controller is opens /Close a rear door via two momentary switches (ground pulse) I am looking at a 5 pin relay to isolate (ground) the switches in certain conditions.
Objective:
following this logic - if the master door is locked then the switches should isolate (no ground path = input ignored) Therefore if the master lock outputs a path to earth I may used this to isolate the rear door switches. (I was thinking of using Ground when armed output from alarm, however I am concerned about somebody opening the door when the vehicle is moving- so hence the push towards aligning with locks etc...)
Environment
the Master lock is not running through a ECU or any advanced electronics, it is a 4 wire unit with lock/unlock (orange / pink) black and yellow/Black trace - which I assume black is a route to ground - but no idea what the yellow is?
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2020 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Preventing passengers from having a method to unlock their doors is illegal in most countries because of safety concerns. Perhaps it is allowed in China, but not a good idea.
itolond 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2020 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Understand, but I refer to the external dot buttons here. So somebody outside the vehicle cannnot open

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic