the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105v and 2015 JKU Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fieldsafo 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2020 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fieldsafo
I recently bought a Viper 4105V and a Directed DB3 to install and use keyless and RS on my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I had it flashed and I installed it the other day. I’m using the THCHD2 harness with D2D as well.
I was able to get the keyless up and running no problem, but I can’t for the life of me get the RS to work. Pushing it on the fob does nothing. Everything is wired per diagrams that I got from the dealer who flashed it.
I read on an amazon review that a guy put it on his 2018 and was on the phone with directed for 3 hours only to find out the diagram did not show two wires that had to be connected.
Any ideas?? Sorry if I mess something up. It’s my first post.
It’s a 2015 Jeep Wrangler a Unlimited Sport. A/T. Sentry key. Manual doors/windows (added aftermarket locks)
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2020 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
did it learn the immobilizer? i assume you powered the red on the 4105 brain, and grounded the black wire?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2020 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
when you say the RS does nothing do you mean it wont even try and start the vehicle or the lights flash and nothing after that? If it does nothing at all did you hook up the neutral safety wire to ground? did you follow the steps to program the db3 with key?
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
fieldsafo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2020 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fieldsafo
Neutral safety is ground to chassis. Red constants are tied direct to battery. The DB3 would never go to red for the programming so it never was done. Could not figure it out. As far as it doing nothing, I push the button on the fob and I get absolutely no response. No lights, no attempt, nothing. Not seeing anything on db3 either. What is the immobilizer learning steps?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2020 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
the bypass does 99% of the starting on these vehicles. The db3 has to be programmed for it to do anything. I would get with your local viper dealer and get the programming manual if you don't have it already. With out that module programming it wont do anything
Key-type vehicles
1 Wait until the LED ON solid red.
2 Insert the key into the ignition barrel and turn it to the ON position. It is important to
wait for the LED to start flashing green.
Note: Refer to the LED Diagnostics section for troubleshooting if the LED does not flash
green within 15 seconds.
3 Turn the key to the OFF position and remove it from the ignition barrel.
4 WITH factory keyless, proceed with and end with step 4, otherwise skip to step 5:
Press LOCK or UNLOCK on the factory transmitter. The LED turns ON solid green OR
orange for 3 seconds and then turns off.
5 WITHOUT factory keyless:
Press and release the programming button. The LED turns ON solid green OR orange
for 3 seconds, and then turns OFF.
You have successfully completed the module programming sequence.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2020 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
when you press the lock / unlock on the 4105 remotes, does the brain click? if it doesn't you might have to pair the remotes to the 4105
fieldsafo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2020 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fieldsafo
Thank you for the info. I’ve had it flashed already, but never did the programming. Couldn’t get it to go to a solid red LED. I’ll look up some trouble shooting.
The remotes are both paired. 4105 doesn’t click, but I have full functionality with aftermarket keyless.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2020 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
try a hard reset on the bypass.. with the d2d connector unplugged, press and hold down the button on the dball3 reinsert the d2d connector, wait until it flashes red and let go,and then try reprogramming

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic