the12volt.com spacer
icon

DS4 Upgrade Woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
DS4 Upgrade Woes - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
So far I've managed this, the LEDs flicker but the button doesn't respond
Did I pin it wrong?
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless endeavor
Anyone have a source for the correct 4 pin XDR antenna cable?
Is there any known upgraded antennas for my 4X06 brain other than the 6826T I have now?
Or should I just leave well enough alone and sell on this remote that won't work?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Looks like you got the wires inverted. I believe it needs to be green red black blue looking at valet button   top of antenna with plug facing towards you.
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I think you described how I have it in the picture?
I tried it by pinning it the other way around, same problem
By the second time I completely obliterated the terminals, so I had to order two new 6826T antennas and cables just to be able to start and open my car again :(
Does anyone have any solid info on whether XDR antennas are supported on non DS4/DS4+ platforms?
How would the valet button work with the two other wires not connected?
I found this on a eBay listing for a DS4 antenna
"This antenna is not compatible with any other Viper systems except DS4!"
...think that might explain the problem
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
xdr antenna only work with DSX systems, (ds3 and ds4, as they are d2d antennas) all others are analog antennas
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2020 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You're in uncharted water and trial and error is the only way to find out if crossing things over will work or not. I have had my trials that didn't work too! There is no definitive answer that DEI will tell you, even if it would work they will tell you it won't as upgrading doesn't sell units. I tried using the newer 1 button remote7616v with the 6826T antenna on a Responder One system as the original remote 7211v, and antenna is the 6212T and the antenna can't be had for under $40 usually. Figured I had nothing to lose as I already had the 6826T antenna. and the new version 1-button was really cheap at the time. It's possible that it won't work with systems that have a 6 pin antenna but might work with a system that has a 4 wire antenna with valet and status led on the said 4 wire system control center(antenna) or I may not until someone gives it a try were all just guessing!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic