the12volt.com spacer
icon

Car Will Not Keystart After Unplugging Remote Start System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brycegray02 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2020 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brycegray02
I recently installed a compustar 4900s with a blade AL immobilizer bypass in my 2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6. It was working until I unplugged it to cable manage under my dash to tuck it away better and when I plugged it back in it now will no longer remote start or key start. So I cut out all the remote start wiring and removed it completely and but it back to factory. I still can no longer key start the vehicle and the anti theft light stays blinking when I have the key in the ignition and only cranks when I attempt to start. I have tried turning the key to “on” and leaving it for 15 minutes like many sites recommended but it does not do anything. I’ve checked over my wiring many times and have tried anything I could find to get the keys to relearn or the immobilizer to reset. Do I need to have my keys reprogrammed at a dealer or could this be more serious?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2020 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Condition = Crank but no Start with instrument cluster theft light flashing...
On a 2002 Camry, two transponder immobilizer wires must be cut to install the Blade-AL connections. When you unplug CN-2 Blade harness, you opened-up those two cut wires. This would cause the no start condition. Since you completely removed the 4900-s system, did you properly reconnect those two cut wires at the vehicles 7 Pin transponder plug? The two wires were RXCK which is Red/Blue and Code which is Green/White. I would verify those two wires to ensure a good solder connection and proper insulation application. Additionally, you should check that all vehicle connectors involved with the install/de-install are securely seated.
Worst case scenario is that the vehicles transponder based immobilizer system has been damaged. It's possible that the immobilizer system has lost its programmed keys info and having a dealer reset and relearn the keys will work but it could be more serious and require BCM replacement, etc.
Soldering is fun!
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2020 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonanzith
i would 100% make certain the immobilizer wires that were cut during the install of the bypass are connected correctly and have a GOOD connection.
Gary Sather

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic