the12volt.com spacer
icon

Confirmation On This Keyless Setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1313 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2020 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wayland1313
Gents,
Recently I've purchased a new keyless entry setup to install in the car. I've got it working right now but I just don't know if this is the correct way of doing it or not.
Confirmation On This Keyless Setup - Last Post -- posted image.
Confirmation On This Keyless Setup - Last Post -- posted image.
With the image from above (hopefully you can see), I've got the white wire (closing signal) connected to the G-R wire in the car for LOCK. I got the white/black wire connected to R-W for UNLOCK. I then took yellow & yellow/black and connect them both to the ground. Is this the correct way of doing it by taking them to the ground? or am I supposed to tap those into something else?
thank you for the assistance!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2020 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It would appear that your car has Type B locks. These require a (-) pulse to actuate. The way you have it wired is correct.
The White COM wire is the lock relays' output. You supplied it with a Chassis Ground at the Yellow input wire. This will cause the White COM wire to output the correct (-) pulse when the aftermarket RKE system does a lock. The Orange wire is not used in your application and should be insulated. The same applies to the Unlock portion of the RKE system using its' ???/Black wires.
Soldering is fun!
wayland1313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2020 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wayland1313
Hello Kreg,
Awesome news! Thank you so much for the clarification, I can rest now haha. How are you able to tell that it's a "Type B" locks just by looking at it? I'm still trying to learn and get better with car schematic diagrams.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2020 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Greetings,
If you are new to the 12 volt auto arena, you will need this document from Directed ( DEI ). It goes into detail explaining the various types of power door locks used in the auto industry.
Here is a link to that guide :   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=708
For the aftermarket installer there are several sites that provide vehicle wire lists to make things easier. Bulldog Security is still available but hasn't been updated with newer vehicle since ~2016.
Here is a link :    http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
This site also has good info on vehicle wiring, relays, diodes and door lock systems.
Enjoy!
Soldering is fun!
wayland1313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2020 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wayland1313
Hello Kreg,
Thank you so much for helping out!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic